"BTRIEVE 86 File Table Full" error trying to open a company from the Company Selection screen or Transaction Data Entry screen.
How can I fix it?
Reboot your computer.
If you still get the error:
- Right click on the EasyACCT Icon and Select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab. Select Run as Administrator.
- Open EasyACCT and attempt to open the company or enter transactions.
- If the Btrieve 86 error recurs, close EasyACCT.
Open Task Manager:
Right click on your taskbar at the bottom of your screen and select Start Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and click on the Image Name column to sort.
Find W32MKDE.EXE and Click on End Process.
Close Task Manager.
If the Error continues:
Delete the Btrieve Technologies key from the Windows Registry:
- Close EasyACCT.
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- In the Search field type regedit
- Right click on the Registry Editor search result and choose Run as Administrator.
- From the File menu choose Export.
- Choose Desktop from the left navigation tree. Name the file RegistryMMDDYYYY where MMDDYYYY is today's date.
- Click Save. This will create a backup of your registry.
- On the left side of the Registry Editor expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
- Expand the SOFTWARE folder.
- Expand the WOW6432Node folder.
- Locate the Btrieve Technologies folder.
- Right click on the Btrieve Technologies folder and click Delete.
- Click Yes to delete the key.
- From the File menu choose Exit.
If the error continues please contact EasyAcct technical support.