frank550's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frank550's Posts

So problem solved, here is what support had me do.   This is Destiny with Lacerte Support this email is regarding your call today about New York 1041 overpayment of tax not applying to next years t... See more...
So problem solved, here is what support had me do.   This is Destiny with Lacerte Support this email is regarding your call today about New York 1041 overpayment of tax not applying to next years tax. This is what I have found, due to this being an estate return and estates generally subject to estimated tax payments if the estate has not been open for over 2 years, that is the reason this is not working for the state but is in federals case; there is a way for you to see this is the issue as well: go to screen 2.1 miscellaneous Information and look for the override field 1=decedents estate open for over 2 years, 2=leave question blank(O) and enter a 1 this allows the overpayment to be applied to next years tax. 
Seems CA solution stays in CA, thanks for trying.  I'm on to support.
Yep, had  screen 2 completed.
It should be so easy.  The issue is when you change to a fiscal year.  I can all the steps mentioned and get the result I want, but when I change the return to a fiscal year ending 03 it will only re... See more...
It should be so easy.  The issue is when you change to a fiscal year.  I can all the steps mentioned and get the result I want, but when I change the return to a fiscal year ending 03 it will only refund the overpayment.    
Hi, I have an overpayment on a  2019 NYS IT-205 which I want to credit, but no matter how I input the 2020 estimate fields it wants to refund the entire amount.    The return is a fiscal year of 4/4... See more...
Hi, I have an overpayment on a  2019 NYS IT-205 which I want to credit, but no matter how I input the 2020 estimate fields it wants to refund the entire amount.    The return is a fiscal year of 4/4/19 - 3/31/20 Thanks!