psaund9860's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

psaund9860's Posts

I am retiring and no longer will use Proseries.  Can I transfer my personal file to TurboTax.  No sense paying for Proseries to do my return.
Getting client notices from IRS that they owe from 2020 after sending payment with Form 1040-V.   The 1040-V i s not printing the SS# of the client and the payment is NOT being applied.  I have been ... See more...
Getting client notices from IRS that they owe from 2020 after sending payment with Form 1040-V.   The 1040-V i s not printing the SS# of the client and the payment is NOT being applied.  I have been writing in the SS# for some that owe, but not all.   Will Proseries correct their mistake ???
I still get the change notice on my returns also.
This Display Change notice has STILL Not been corrected.   I am getting this error message on several client returns when I open them up.
My program crashes with each tax return I am working on.   It appears that they have NOT corrected this issue.
I'm not sure the IRS will auto correct.  The ways things are going; I'd rather get it done my self. Thanks, Lisa
....I got it to work.  Must be some computer issue.
I am attempting to amend a 2020 Tax return....here are the "help" instructions.   (1) open the return already filed.  (I did) (2) Immediately save the return using a different name.  (I did) (3) ... See more...
I am attempting to amend a 2020 Tax return....here are the "help" instructions.   (1) open the return already filed.  (I did) (2) Immediately save the return using a different name.  (I did) (3) You need to be working in the FILED Return and not the COPY.  ( I am) (4) Go to the INfo Worksheet and select Efile Federal Amended Return.  ( I did) (5) Select Form 1040-X  ( I did) (6) The "Original amount column A will show the amounts that were originally reported on the Form 1040 you already filed after you make an entry for an area of change in the tax return.  ( It doesn't) I entered $25,000 in the correct amount for estimated taxes....Nothing happens       ed $25,000 
I have the same problem.  Client did not receive payments based on 2019 income of $296,000.  This year's income is $112,000 and Proseries computed $3,600 in Recovery Rebate Credit.  Upon opening the ... See more...
I have the same problem.  Client did not receive payments based on 2019 income of $296,000.  This year's income is $112,000 and Proseries computed $3,600 in Recovery Rebate Credit.  Upon opening the return after efile, the $3,600 is in error on "Display Changes".
I found it on the Schedule D input.  I can attach a PDF file and summarize on Form 8949.   Thanks for looking
The trust has 100 stock transactions and I'd like to prepare a Form 8453 similar to a Form 1040.  Is there a way to transmit stocks transactions to Austin, instead of listing each item on Form 1041, ... See more...
The trust has 100 stock transactions and I'd like to prepare a Form 8453 similar to a Form 1040.  Is there a way to transmit stocks transactions to Austin, instead of listing each item on Form 1041, Schedule D?  I cannot find a Form that allows this for Trusts.
Form 8915-E; Part III, line 12; mentions Form 8606 if required.  What if the client is not required to file Form 8606 for a ROTH Distribution; it says go to Line 15.  There is NO mention of computati... See more...
Form 8915-E; Part III, line 12; mentions Form 8606 if required.  What if the client is not required to file Form 8606 for a ROTH Distribution; it says go to Line 15.  There is NO mention of computations for Part I, line 3 for a Roth Distribution.  Just as a attempt to get a figure for 8915-E; Part III, line 13 I tried completing the 8606.     When I bring up 8606 for the taxpayer and his wife, who both have Roth distributions,  and do all the computations, the 8606 does not do any computations to get a figure for Form 8915-E; line 13.
Thank you for the reply.  So for the Canadian SS; I would use the same formula as the US Social Security; such as the max of 85%; but I would use the entire amount as taxable for the UK Social Securi... See more...
Thank you for the reply.  So for the Canadian SS; I would use the same formula as the US Social Security; such as the max of 85%; but I would use the entire amount as taxable for the UK Social Security.   Thanks again
US Citizens that receive Social Security benefits from Canada and the UK are subject to income taxes on that income in the US.  It is supposed to be treated similar to OUR Social Security. The questi... See more...
US Citizens that receive Social Security benefits from Canada and the UK are subject to income taxes on that income in the US.  It is supposed to be treated similar to OUR Social Security. The question however is since we have a 20 step formula to determine the amount that is taxable on the US tax return; do we use the same formula to determine the taxable amount of the "foreign" Social Security received?
Any guesses as to whether we will be adding the 2nd stimulus to the stimulus worksheet?   Greta:  I cannot find the "solution to the answer"  Did you get the answer?
Thanks Lisa....It will work, but the worksheet was a big help.
Does anyone use the Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet?   I Called Proseries  looking for the Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet to enter data from several vacation home sales for 2020.    Was told... See more...
Does anyone use the Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet?   I Called Proseries  looking for the Capital Gains Transaction Worksheet to enter data from several vacation home sales for 2020.    Was told it would be in the update of 1/14/21.   It was not.  I called again and the rep could not find any past or future update information about this form.  Anyone have info about his?
What I a looking for is not a Form.  It is a worksheet.   The forms update does not show worksheet updates, to my knowledge.
Thanks.....Pete
Anyone know when the next update will be?  I'm looking for the Schedule D, Worksheet to enter some vacation home sales.