jimgaycpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jimgaycpa's Posts

I guess I'll answer my own question.  Run the "Pro-Series 2023 Tools-Repair Updates".  It solved a number of issues for us.  Hope this helps someone.
The "Tax Forms Availability" site errors out when you ask about Florida Forms for an S-Corporation.  I was trying to get a jump on my Tangible Tax returns, but I have done a number of them in Proseri... See more...
The "Tax Forms Availability" site errors out when you ask about Florida Forms for an S-Corporation.  I was trying to get a jump on my Tangible Tax returns, but I have done a number of them in Proseries in the past.  In addition, I have prepared initial F1120 (Florida Corporation) tax returns for the initial year of the S-Corporation in the past, and I am not able to at this point.  Just trying to see if this is a change that I will have to adjust to, or if it will be available at a future date.
Thanks.  I'm not so much looking for the verbiage, as a convenient way to post the verbiage for the exclusion.  Hoping the Proseries would add a box to check?!?
99% of my 1120S/1065 clients will not be required to file the K2/3 because they don't have foreign activity.  I sat in on a CCH webinar yesterday that suggested we don't have to prepare the Forms K2/... See more...
99% of my 1120S/1065 clients will not be required to file the K2/3 because they don't have foreign activity.  I sat in on a CCH webinar yesterday that suggested we don't have to prepare the Forms K2/3 if that is the case, but also suggested we attach a statement saying they qualified for exception to filing.  I cannot find a statement to that affect in the elections area, or a way to "universally" attachment a misc statement to that affect, without having to attach it to every one individually.  Any help would be appreciated.
Everyone is just saying to wait, I guess I am a little impatient and trying to minimize my time on these.
Since there is no forecasted date of availability, I am interested to see how others are working around this issue (Covid19 Distribution Election to spread 2020 distributions over 3 years).
I think you all may be thinking of the Organizer Letter, I am actually modifying the Client Letter on the tax return.  The transfer to 2022 left off all of the Bank account numbers, so we are adding ... See more...
I think you all may be thinking of the Organizer Letter, I am actually modifying the Client Letter on the tax return.  The transfer to 2022 left off all of the Bank account numbers, so we are adding the ones from last year, and asking the client to verify when they review their finished copy, as a double-check.  That's why I need this in universally in every tax return.
Yes, sure I could do that, but it was in the default letter before I added the line and wasn't printing before.  And what about the clients that don't do DD and get a check?  If I delete the line, it... See more...
Yes, sure I could do that, but it was in the default letter before I added the line and wasn't printing before.  And what about the clients that don't do DD and get a check?  If I delete the line, it won't say anything???
Thanks!  That works, but it also is printing a additional line saying the IRS will mail them a refund directly.  How do I make that disappear?  This is the text: Your federal refund of $<@FDIEFRef> ... See more...
Thanks!  That works, but it also is printing a additional line saying the IRS will mail them a refund directly.  How do I make that disappear?  This is the text: Your federal refund of $<@FDIEFRef> will be directly deposited in your bank account. [@FDIEFDDNo] Please verify. [@FDIBank]<@FDIBank>, routing #[@FDIRTN]<@FDIRTN>, account #[@FDIAcctNo]<@FDIAcctNo> Your refund of $<@FDIEFRef> will be mailed to you automatically by the Internal Revenue Service. [@FDIBPREF]  
How do I get the clients direct deposit account information to appear on the client letter?
I believe that is a space for the E-file PIN number for the preparer, not their EFIN number.
 Is it possible to have more than one EFIN on a Proseries account?  I had it about 10 years ago on a DBA of a firm acquisition for a transitional period, but can't seem to find that option now for a ... See more...
 Is it possible to have more than one EFIN on a Proseries account?  I had it about 10 years ago on a DBA of a firm acquisition for a transitional period, but can't seem to find that option now for a similar situation.
This is our first year using the Scan & Import feature, at least it's our first year of paying for it, we haven't actually used it yet.  When will this be released?  How do we access?  I can't find a... See more...
This is our first year using the Scan & Import feature, at least it's our first year of paying for it, we haven't actually used it yet.  When will this be released?  How do we access?  I can't find any information on this.  Please help!  ....thanks
Is there a way for me to verify that it was e-filed?
Form 5329 completed to request waiver of RMD penalty.  Noticed that the form is not in the pdf copy of the return for client copy.  Was it e-filed or not?
I've been efiling for year and nothing has changed.  I just don't want to find out there is a problem in the heat of the battle...thanks!
Release dates say the forms are available 12/03/19, but when I update, the 1040NR is no even showing up in my homebase view?  Any ideas?
I saw a "to do" to verify my EFIN, followed the link and it took me to a E-services login screen.  Logged successfully but got a message that my account information didn't match.  I see a slight diff... See more...
I saw a "to do" to verify my EFIN, followed the link and it took me to a E-services login screen.  Logged successfully but got a message that my account information didn't match.  I see a slight difference in the address that could be the problem, but when I try to update my address in proconnect, it indicates that I need to attache my EFIN application?  I do not have one, I have had it for years.  What should I attach?  At the same time, in procconnect under my account information, under tax prep credentials, it shows my EFIN as "approved".  Do I even need to do anything?  Called Proseries support, but didn't get much there... Thanks!