cherylgolich's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cherylgolich's Posts

Anyone know how to enter prior year loss carryforward on a Louisiana state returns (c-corp)? Need a schedule attached to CIFT-620 (1C - loss carryforward) This is for a new client that has losses in ... See more...
Anyone know how to enter prior year loss carryforward on a Louisiana state returns (c-corp)? Need a schedule attached to CIFT-620 (1C - loss carryforward) This is for a new client that has losses in prior years.   
I record the repayment in ProSeries so that the distribution is not included in taxable income?
Can I efile a return when spouse on MFS return doesn't have a SS#. Spouse is a not a resident/citizen. 
thanks - that's what I thought but their previous CPA filed to have the LLC taxed as an s-Corp with 4 of the 7 members as non residents. 
Thanks TaxGuyBill!
thanks Lisa - yes the university is an eligible educational institution and have issued 1098T in the past for the same taxpayer but per the university they do not issue for continuing education class... See more...
thanks Lisa - yes the university is an eligible educational institution and have issued 1098T in the past for the same taxpayer but per the university they do not issue for continuing education classes.   
I have found documentation than an LLC can have non-US resident members but its also documented that non-US residents can not be members of an s-Corp. What are the rules for an LLC taxed as an s-Cor... See more...
I have found documentation than an LLC can have non-US resident members but its also documented that non-US residents can not be members of an s-Corp. What are the rules for an LLC taxed as an s-Corp? Appreciate any insight that an be provided.  
Can a taxpayer claim the LLC if they did not receive a 1098-T? Per IRS website the college/university must receive a 1098T. The taxpayer took one continuing education class during the year and the un... See more...
Can a taxpayer claim the LLC if they did not receive a 1098-T? Per IRS website the college/university must receive a 1098T. The taxpayer took one continuing education class during the year and the university is telling him he can take the credit even though they don't issue a 1098T for continuing ed classes.  From IRS.gov:Claiming the credit To be eligible to claim the AOTC or LLC, the law requires a taxpayer (or a dependent) to have received Form 1098T from an eligible educational institution, whether domestic or foreign. Generally, students receive a Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, from their school by January 31. This statement helps you figure your credit. The form will have an amount in box 1 to show the amounts received during the year. But this amount may not be the amount you can claim. See qualified education expenses for more information on what amount to claim.
great suggestion regarding note on K-1; thanks sjrcpa! I wasn't going to file the 8594 because I'm not doing the partners returns. This should be filed with the individuals returns correct?
Which makes sense to me but what incentive does partner have to report capital gain if not reported on K1. Especially in the situation of a disgruntled partner.
If a partner sells their interest in the partnership, but has a negative capital account, does the adjustment to the capital account to make it zero show as a capital gain to the partnership with a s... See more...
If a partner sells their interest in the partnership, but has a negative capital account, does the adjustment to the capital account to make it zero show as a capital gain to the partnership with a special allocation to the partner that is selling their interest?