kwinike's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kwinike's Posts

Shelley,   I just called into Lacerte after finding that I also could not e-file or upload anything to SmartVault and it's a quick fix.  They had me run the "PDF Repair tool" Go to HELP--->TROUBL... See more...
Shelley,   I just called into Lacerte after finding that I also could not e-file or upload anything to SmartVault and it's a quick fix.  They had me run the "PDF Repair tool" Go to HELP--->TROUBLESHOOT---> and then click on icon with the printer and a little wrench Then just follow the prompts.  It immediately helped me.     
Yes, it's not working for me either..... it's trying to save the 8879 and copy of the return on my computer rather than creating the DOCUSIGN request to send.  
When you have thousands of clients - there is no such thing as "too early" it takes a lot of time for us to get everything ready to print organizers... but we start as soon as feasibly possible.   
Is there a fix coming for this?  Dollar amounts from prior year information do not line up properly.    Mainly in the Dividend section...        
Is anyone else having problems with Lacerte preparing the return for EFILING when a client signs another document that was sent via DocuSign? and a signed 8879 FORM has not even been sent for signatu... See more...
Is anyone else having problems with Lacerte preparing the return for EFILING when a client signs another document that was sent via DocuSign? and a signed 8879 FORM has not even been sent for signature yet?    EXAMPLE- I send an Engagement Letter to a client via DocuSign->  the client signs said Engagement Letter-> Which then gives us the go ahead to START working on their tax return- (since our firm policy is that we will not even start preparing a return without a signed Engagement Letter on file for the year.) HOWEVER- Lacerte changes the ESIG STATUS to "COMPLETED".  And it's NOT COMPLETED- we haven't even started the return yet! The 8879 form has not even been sent OR signed by the client. The only document that was sent for signature to this client was the Engagement Letter. SO my question is WHY O WHY is the default set to send these to "COMPLETED" and then send them to efile when going to E-FILE-->INTUIT ESIG-->EFILE SIGNED RETURNS?   AM I MISSING SOMETHING?!? 
I have had so many problems with this since purchasing just 3 weeks ago.  I am seriously considering cancelling it.  I don't understand why Lacerte would implement something -so important as this- be... See more...
I have had so many problems with this since purchasing just 3 weeks ago.  I am seriously considering cancelling it.  I don't understand why Lacerte would implement something -so important as this- before all the bugs are fixed.  What a nightmare.  I have a list of issues and problems stemming from this feature. And holding for hours on support is not conducive for the last 2 days of 2019 tax season.  
Thank you. But I have already researched the heck out of this (via Smartvault and Lacerte) and the link you provided says nothing about printing/uploading the tax return (from Lacerte- hence why I rea... See more...
Thank you. But I have already researched the heck out of this (via Smartvault and Lacerte) and the link you provided says nothing about printing/uploading the tax return (from Lacerte- hence why I reached out to this forum) in bulk. For example- selecting 20 clients at a time- uploading their tax return into their vault in SmartVault.  I know how to individually upload- but I have hundreds of clients to upload their tax returns into their vault and am wondering if there is a less tedious, more efficient way to go about it.