taxesbydot's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taxesbydot's Posts

Thank you. That is what I did, but then does the life stay at 39 years? And this will be first year depreciation for the Schedule E?
Client retired and has decided to rent out his commercial building. How do I switch the asset from Schedule C to Schedule E? I stopped depreciation on the Sch C with a disposition date of 8-31 and no... See more...
Client retired and has decided to rent out his commercial building. How do I switch the asset from Schedule C to Schedule E? I stopped depreciation on the Sch C with a disposition date of 8-31 and no entry in the sale amount, but how do I move forward with a partially depreciated building on the Sch E?
I tried 1234567 and it worked. Thank you.
No, tried that too.
W-2 does not have state ID or wages or withholding. Is there a way to e-file this year? The 9999999 fix is not working this year for MN. 
Thank you all so very much. 
Contributions were $450 in 2021, and $600 each for 2022 and 2023.
Only one Roth - opened in 2021. He is in his early 30s. (sorry, that was an important detail).
1099R code 2 for $13473 roth conversion of traditional IRA funds. Taxable, so far so good. Roth was opened in 2021. He has made contributions of $1650 to his Roth and had conversions of the aforement... See more...
1099R code 2 for $13473 roth conversion of traditional IRA funds. Taxable, so far so good. Roth was opened in 2021. He has made contributions of $1650 to his Roth and had conversions of the aforementioned $13473 in 2023 and $5000 in 2021. He also has a 1099 R for $13200 with code J. I'm stumped on the penalty for early withdrawal. How much should it be? 
Mother received the $1400 recovery rebate for herself and $1400 each for the kids. She has claimed the children as dependents up until 2021. Father is claiming both children this year due to tie brea... See more...
Mother received the $1400 recovery rebate for herself and $1400 each for the kids. She has claimed the children as dependents up until 2021. Father is claiming both children this year due to tie breaker rules. Is he eligible for the $2800 rebate as well?
Thank you so much. Handy tool that I didn't know was there.
College student lived with grandparent all year. Dependent has less than $4200 of W-2 income but paid college tuition of $4800 with loans. Two questions - can he be grandparents dependent and can gra... See more...
College student lived with grandparent all year. Dependent has less than $4200 of W-2 income but paid college tuition of $4800 with loans. Two questions - can he be grandparents dependent and can grandparent get the education credit? Any opinions, please?  
Thank you. Just surprised I couldn't do it through the software.
Is there a way to make a MN payment for an extended return through Pro- series?
The local post office forwarded the check.
My client's second stimulus check was lost in the mail per the local post office. My original thought was to reconcile on their 2020 return but it turns out their income disqualifies them.  Any chanc... See more...
My client's second stimulus check was lost in the mail per the local post office. My original thought was to reconcile on their 2020 return but it turns out their income disqualifies them.  Any chance the IRS will re-send the check? Should they file an extension or do you all think it's a lost cause? Any opinions, please?
I found my answer. MN has expanded the credit eligibility.
I did and the tables do allow it. The instructions say if the eic is restricted then no MN credit. But she has not been restricted, she is just over the income limit. It has been a weird year.
If you don't qualify for EIC, can you still qualify for the MN WFC? I've never had this happen before. Single filer, no children. Too much income for federal but the tables for MN are allowing a smal... See more...
If you don't qualify for EIC, can you still qualify for the MN WFC? I've never had this happen before. Single filer, no children. Too much income for federal but the tables for MN are allowing a small credit.
Do I really have to paper file a return due to a $2 form M15 penalty?