dsocpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsocpa's Posts

The cancellation of debt I believe has been removed.   I've discovered the increase in state tax is due to an adjustment for SE HI.  The amount of HI paid in total was $13,717.  At the bottom of the... See more...
The cancellation of debt I believe has been removed.   I've discovered the increase in state tax is due to an adjustment for SE HI.  The amount of HI paid in total was $13,717.  At the bottom of the form 7206 is the following message A self-employed health insurance adjustment of $18918.00 from premiums paid through an exchange is included as an adjustment to income but does not appear on these worksheets. Well I have no idea where $18,918 comes from.  Have there been any problems reported with the 1095-A/self-employed health insurance?
Thanks Lisa.  I've been checking but didn't see any.  Something's going on though because the return I was working on went from a State tax liability of ~$1,500 to $17k+ around the same time.  I deci... See more...
Thanks Lisa.  I've been checking but didn't see any.  Something's going on though because the return I was working on went from a State tax liability of ~$1,500 to $17k+ around the same time.  I decided to run an update and close down.  Reopening now and hoping I'm back to normal or at least I can trace whatever number is lurking to the source so I can delete it!!
I accidentally opened a form 1099-A Cancellation of debt form.  Meant to open 1095-A.  I've tried Remove form but it just keeps coming back.  What do I need to do to get this fixed? 
In other words the reference was not intended for GAAP financials.  Although, I still question the treatment on GAAP financials as distribution not an expense.  
On the books of the entity if election is or is not filed the money has to be recorded somewhere on the books whether GAAP or not.  GAAP would apply if the entity is required to maintain their books ... See more...
On the books of the entity if election is or is not filed the money has to be recorded somewhere on the books whether GAAP or not.  GAAP would apply if the entity is required to maintain their books in accordance with GAAP not tax for financial reporting.   If no election I make an entry to sh distributions.  If an election was filed, I show as an expense, might not be GAAP but the funds are accounted for.  This way the federal return and the accounting records (usually QB) agree.  This is how I handle the nr withholding.
Shareholder is non-resident.  The PTE did not file the election to treat the estimated tax paid at the entity level.
If paid on "behalf of" (form 510) I agree.  If the election is filed (form 511) all shareholders are allocated the tax paid in accordance with their ownership.  The PTE becomes an entity level tax wi... See more...
If paid on "behalf of" (form 510) I agree.  If the election is filed (form 511) all shareholders are allocated the tax paid in accordance with their ownership.  The PTE becomes an entity level tax with the election in place.  
Not a deduction if nonresident paid on "behalf" of.  Then on the return as a distribution.  If paid with the form 511 election, then a deduction on federal S corp return. If GAAP I'm inclined to tre... See more...
Not a deduction if nonresident paid on "behalf" of.  Then on the return as a distribution.  If paid with the form 511 election, then a deduction on federal S corp return. If GAAP I'm inclined to treat as a state tax expense.
Entity paid MD tax on behalf of it's nonresident shareholder.  On the Form 510 Sch K Equivalent Wks the tax paid is entered in Section D on line 1.   On the shareholders MD form 505 the amount paid ... See more...
Entity paid MD tax on behalf of it's nonresident shareholder.  On the Form 510 Sch K Equivalent Wks the tax paid is entered in Section D on line 1.   On the shareholders MD form 505 the amount paid should appear on line 45.  For the life of me I can't seem to get to the source entry - get the amount paid on line 45.  Unless I do an override I can't seem to figure out how to get the amount to on that line.   It's been awhile since I did nr MD PTE from Sch 510!
If an S Corp the amount of PTE tax paid on behalf of the nonresident shareholder is treated as a distribution on the entities books.
What about chat?
I don't see the article from your link?  Every news story I heard stated he did not want to go.  No matter he's dead now.  Really tragic all around so I wouldn't make light of who said what.  Mom cou... See more...
I don't see the article from your link?  Every news story I heard stated he did not want to go.  No matter he's dead now.  Really tragic all around so I wouldn't make light of who said what.  Mom could be covering for her husband AND maybe he didn't want mom to know he didn't want to go either.
Regarding the Titanic.  There were many immigrants and lower "status" individuals on the 3rd level.  Of the 1,500 who died, a good # were 3rd class passengers.  I seriously doubt 1st class passengers... See more...
Regarding the Titanic.  There were many immigrants and lower "status" individuals on the 3rd level.  Of the 1,500 who died, a good # were 3rd class passengers.  I seriously doubt 1st class passengers were onboard for the same reason.  Apparently, regulations were lax, what few existed at the time were ignored.  In particular the # of life boats. Maybe now there will be stricter rules and consequences for those "thrill" seeking individuals with money burning a hole in their pockets and those who willingly take it.  It is particularly tragic that the young man (19) on board allegedly didn't want to go but wanted to please his dad for Father's Day.
I'm wondering about this as well.  2022 taxpayer received a K-1 with $57k Section 179 which they are limited to $0 and must carryover due to basis.  If an amount is entered in box 12 of the k-1 the a... See more...
I'm wondering about this as well.  2022 taxpayer received a K-1 with $57k Section 179 which they are limited to $0 and must carryover due to basis.  If an amount is entered in box 12 of the k-1 the amount is deducted and $0 carryover shows on form 4562.  If I enter Section 179 the amount doesn't show up as carryover to 2023. As others have stated PS is lacking in the basis limitations for flow-through entities.
Same issue.  What is strange is the error was not present when I first submitted the return.  The first reject was due to the ACA Explanation.  That cleared with the suggestions found on the Communit... See more...
Same issue.  What is strange is the error was not present when I first submitted the return.  The first reject was due to the ACA Explanation.  That cleared with the suggestions found on the Community.  Now this!  I don't think I've ever experienced anything like this  in the 25+ years I've been processing return in ProSeries.  I've done this return for at least 5 and never had a reject relating to the form 1116 Schedule B. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on printing to PDF just a particular form in ProSeries Basic.  The only way I've been able to print just one form is to go to file/print and uncheck all except the form I need.  I'm sure there is a better way!
Why are all these Turbo Tax DIY'ers able to post here?
Same issue!  Client does not have Marketplace insurance.  Started working with him in 2016.  He has never had a 1095-A.  A couple years he had 1095-B.   THis must be a bug in the system!  I thought ... See more...
Same issue!  Client does not have Marketplace insurance.  Started working with him in 2016.  He has never had a 1095-A.  A couple years he had 1095-B.   THis must be a bug in the system!  I thought maybe if I entered the form and just showed no insurance it might help. Thoughts suggestions?  It's 4/20 just tried to file again still no luck - is Intuit working on a fix for this?
Ha, Ha, so clever.  Better watch out your intellect might be showing through.   
That is your opinion.  I'm allowed to state mine.  Especially, if I believe the post to be inappropriate.
I pre-ordered 15 business returns for 2022.  When I try to file a return I'm required to pay.  Looked at my account usage and it shows 0 returns purchased.  Unfortunately, I can't find my receipt. I... See more...
I pre-ordered 15 business returns for 2022.  When I try to file a return I'm required to pay.  Looked at my account usage and it shows 0 returns purchased.  Unfortunately, I can't find my receipt. I did purchase through my ProAdvisor account.