cbreithaupt's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cbreithaupt's Posts

That is what my initial thought was, it appears that it could be permissible. Thought I would see what others are running into. They file separately for student loan purposes.
Example is taxpayers filed married filing separately in 2019 and 2020. They have 3 dependents. They have each received stimulus payments for 2 dependents. One of them could claim all 3 dependents on t... See more...
Example is taxpayers filed married filing separately in 2019 and 2020. They have 3 dependents. They have each received stimulus payments for 2 dependents. One of them could claim all 3 dependents on the 2021 return and receive the economic impact credit as well. Seems like double dipping but appears to allow for this? Anyone else run into this?
The Federal return was sent with the State return. The error message says "Signature Error. The return must contain the Michigan Signature". The only way I have found to fix is following the direction... See more...
The Federal return was sent with the State return. The error message says "Signature Error. The return must contain the Michigan Signature". The only way I have found to fix is following the directions and for printing the MI Form 8453.