mvp2885's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mvp2885's Posts

I'm a little confused on the TJCA inventory part. If we have a client who's gross profit is less than $25 million and they have inventory, can you use the cash method? If so, will we have to follow c... See more...
I'm a little confused on the TJCA inventory part. If we have a client who's gross profit is less than $25 million and they have inventory, can you use the cash method? If so, will we have to follow cash basis for them in quickbooks? I'm thinking if they run cash basis, will quickbooks even allow them to have a inventory account or will the inventory account even be generated on cash basis? 
We are setting up a new accounting firm and trying to figure out the "common practice" or best method on onboarding clients that haven't had any bookkeeping done thus far this year. We have a client ... See more...
We are setting up a new accounting firm and trying to figure out the "common practice" or best method on onboarding clients that haven't had any bookkeeping done thus far this year. We have a client who is coming to us now, and we are getting them set up with quickbooks. We are trying to input all their info dating back to January till now.  Other experts in the field say if they are cash basis, then it's easier. For cash basis, simply connect the client's bank account to quickbooks, import all bank statements dating back to January to now, adjust charts of accounts, do some bank rules, add vendors, and reconcile each month individually. Is this the correct way for cash basis?  For accrual basis with inventory, I haven't really gotten an answer for that. Although my understanding is if they generate less than $25 million, then they can choose to use the cash method, which will be most of our clients. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Than you very much. 
I can't seem to find an answer to this. I understand the filing extension deadline was October 15th. I'm a first year EA, but I can't seem to find an answer to this. Can I file a client's return afte... See more...
I can't seem to find an answer to this. I understand the filing extension deadline was October 15th. I'm a first year EA, but I can't seem to find an answer to this. Can I file a client's return after October 15th? I'm thinking proseries wont let me efile, but can forms be printed and mailed? Thoughts? 
what does it do for you? Do you do payroll for your clients, if so, who do you use?
I saw Sage Intacct is an option. So you are saying use QBO or Desktop for my own practice and to support client's who use it as well? Do you ever use QB and Sage for the same client or do you only use... See more...
I saw Sage Intacct is an option. So you are saying use QBO or Desktop for my own practice and to support client's who use it as well? Do you ever use QB and Sage for the same client or do you only use Sage for clients that have large number of employees, POS, etc? Wonder of Sage integrates with QBO in some ways.
Hello, if you have your own firm or work for an accounting firm, what softwares do you use for your business? For tax I currently use pro series, but I am trying to scale up to offer more than just t... See more...
Hello, if you have your own firm or work for an accounting firm, what softwares do you use for your business? For tax I currently use pro series, but I am trying to scale up to offer more than just taxation. QBO I know is one, but for those full on established accounting firms, what softwares are used? Thank you. 
Thanks again for the detailed explanations! 🙂
So if a LLC pays 3 1099s to contractors (legal, bathroom fixture, and electrical work), the business can't take a deduction? I'm not sure if I am understanding that correctly. If a business can take a... See more...
So if a LLC pays 3 1099s to contractors (legal, bathroom fixture, and electrical work), the business can't take a deduction? I'm not sure if I am understanding that correctly. If a business can take a deduction, where on the 1065 would you report that?
Thanks!
Line 20, Other deductions? Where you can add expenses? On schedule B, it asked if the company was required to issue 1099s, I said yes, then it asks if they filed them, well they didn't (they had a dif... See more...
Line 20, Other deductions? Where you can add expenses? On schedule B, it asked if the company was required to issue 1099s, I said yes, then it asks if they filed them, well they didn't (they had a different tax preparer), so I click no. So I'm just wondering regardless of what I answer on Schedule B, I report them on Line 20 of 1065?
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I do understand individuals incorporated do not get 1099s. From my previous example, if that was a landscaping company and they hired an unincorporated person w... See more...
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I do understand individuals incorporated do not get 1099s. From my previous example, if that was a landscaping company and they hired an unincorporated person who happens to have specialized equipment to do a certain job for one of their clients, and they give them a 1099, Line 20 "other deductions" would be the appropriate place to report that deduction? I am using proseries. Thank you again for the detailed explanation.
Where do I include 1099s that partner gave to contractors on form 1065? 
Practicing 1065s at the moment (these are scenarios). Question is; I have a partnership (2 individuals 50% each) who registered as an LLC with their state. I am filing out the K-1 worksheet for each ... See more...
Practicing 1065s at the moment (these are scenarios). Question is; I have a partnership (2 individuals 50% each) who registered as an LLC with their state. I am filing out the K-1 worksheet for each partner on proseries and it asks if they are General or limited.  If I click limited, page 4 schedule K does not calculate SE tax on line 14a, but if I click General, then it does. My question is, if they formed an LLC as a partnership, are considered members or partners? Because if they are members, they are avoiding SE tax which doesn't make sense. I mean, I can manually enter the amounts on 14a on their own k-1, not the 1065 schedule K, and im wondering if that is the work around? Or how should I go about doing this? Please help. 
Got it, Thanks.
In the case where an employee puts gas on the car, let says a landscaping company, employee drives the truck around and puts gas out of his own pocket. How would this work?
IRonMan: If the partnership owns the vehicle and it has an employee using the vehicle and the partnership reimburses that employee for the mileage, the partnership can use the standard mileage rate fo... See more...
IRonMan: If the partnership owns the vehicle and it has an employee using the vehicle and the partnership reimburses that employee for the mileage, the partnership can use the standard mileage rate for reimbursement and deduct those payments as "actual" expenses?  Is there any IRS pub on this? Thanks!
IRonMan: If the partnership owns the vehicle and it has an employee using the vehicle and the partnership reimburses that employee for the mileage, the partnership can use the standard mileage rate fo... See more...
IRonMan: If the partnership owns the vehicle and it has an employee using the vehicle and the partnership reimburses that employee for the mileage, the partnership can use the standard mileage rate for reimbursement and deduct those payments as "actual" expenses?  Is there any IRS pub on this? Thanks!
ah ok, so no standard mileage can be used if its part of the partnership. Understood. Thank you very much.
I am actually studying the 1065 returns to be able to prepare them next year. So in other words, this is a hypothetical scenario. This year I mostly did individual taxes and schedule Cs. So I am looki... See more...
I am actually studying the 1065 returns to be able to prepare them next year. So in other words, this is a hypothetical scenario. This year I mostly did individual taxes and schedule Cs. So I am looking to see where in proseries can the partnership (and yes they partnership owned the vehicle) can we enter the standard mileage. IF the partnership did not own the vehicle and its was personal and they were not reiumbursed, I understand you would put that as UPE on line 28 Schedule E (has to be in the agreement).
There is a "other deductions worksheet" on ProSeries 1065, and there is a section called automobile and truck expense. Can I put the "standard mileage" rate under this section? Like if they drove 12,... See more...
There is a "other deductions worksheet" on ProSeries 1065, and there is a section called automobile and truck expense. Can I put the "standard mileage" rate under this section? Like if they drove 12,000 business mileage, can I multiple that by the standard rate and put that amount in there? I am just trying to figure out where I put the mileage for a 1065. New to filing them out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.