mvp2885's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mvp2885's Posts

I e-filed a client's return 2 months ago. Proseries is saying "accepted" for both Federal and State. When I go to client's "where's my refund" theres nothing! Nothing shows, not even a status. Keeps ... See more...
I e-filed a client's return 2 months ago. Proseries is saying "accepted" for both Federal and State. When I go to client's "where's my refund" theres nothing! Nothing shows, not even a status. Keeps saying "the information you enter does not match." I double checked everything and everything looks good. Deciding if I should do a POA to talk to IRS or just wait little longer since not sure if the whole closure is delaying a few things.  Anyone with similar issue? 
True! 
Got it, I will have her go to her old accountant, too much hassle for me.
Any work around besides going through the w-2 mess? Reporting those wages on Schedule C? They might be willing to pay the SE taxes. 
This person didn't have a w-2 😕 She should have, but didn't. She just "drew" or "compensated" herself for her services by just transferring the money from her business account to personal, and physi... See more...
This person didn't have a w-2 😕 She should have, but didn't. She just "drew" or "compensated" herself for her services by just transferring the money from her business account to personal, and physical withdrawing money from her account. 
Finished an 1120. Officer had $25,000 in "compensation of officers" line 12. Where on the 1040 would I report that, if reported there? This is a C corp. 
Can you please tell me proper steps in proseries to expense the $5,000 of start up expenses and amortize the rest on a 1065? This is what I am doing in proseries according to their instructions. I Pr... See more...
Can you please tell me proper steps in proseries to expense the $5,000 of start up expenses and amortize the rest on a 1065? This is what I am doing in proseries according to their instructions. I Press "F6" then search IRC then press Ok, then it takes me to a page where I can elect section 195. From there it takes me to the "deemed election to amortize/deduct start up expenses." This worksheets seems to do nothing since nothing transfer over to the 1065. Seems more like for record keeping. So I followed other instructions and entered the $5,000 on page 1 line 20 "other expenses" Then proseries says that any amount over $5k I do an asset entry worksheet, to generate a 4562. Under the cost/other basis on 4562 I am assuming I put the full cost of the asset? In this case $30,000. I already expensed $5,000 so I'm wondering if I should put $25,000? Thanks, just trying to make sure I enter everything correct in the program. 
You're awesome! Thank you as always 🙂 
Lisa, I forgot to ask, do I amend the whole 1065 or just the K-1? Thanks! 
Just I saw something about efiling amended 1065s, I didn't know we could do that! Since I am so used to amendming 1040s only by paper mail. So I can amend, correct the K-1, and the partner can efile ... See more...
Just I saw something about efiling amended 1065s, I didn't know we could do that! Since I am so used to amendming 1040s only by paper mail. So I can amend, correct the K-1, and the partner can efile her personal once amended 1065 is accepted?   
Hello. Filed a 1065 and gave K-1 to client. He later said he gave me the wrong social. 1065 has already been e-filed. What options do I have? Do I just reprint a k-1 for him with the correct social a... See more...
Hello. Filed a 1065 and gave K-1 to client. He later said he gave me the wrong social. 1065 has already been e-filed. What options do I have? Do I just reprint a k-1 for him with the correct social and he reports that on his personal taxes? What about the wrong one that has already been efiled? 
Got it! Thanks! 
Correct! That I understand. However my dilemma is in reference to the thresholds. Since SSTB has it's threshold levels, are those amount based on business income or individual income?  Here is the l... See more...
Correct! That I understand. However my dilemma is in reference to the thresholds. Since SSTB has it's threshold levels, are those amount based on business income or individual income?  Here is the link from the IRS; https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/facts-about-the-qualified-business-income-deduction
Hello. Got a question, actually about my own LLC return. This is an SSTB. Two partners will report less than the SSTB thresholds, the other partner is way over that amount. So for the question that a... See more...
Hello. Got a question, actually about my own LLC return. This is an SSTB. Two partners will report less than the SSTB thresholds, the other partner is way over that amount. So for the question that asked "SSTB Yes or No" if I select yes, will thethreshold amounts depend on the individual's 1040 income?    For example if partner B earns $560,000 and A earns $80,000, partner A can use the QBI, but not partner B for an SSTB? 
Will this affect his Feid? The company wishes to continue operating as a Single Member LLC, using the same federal ID. 
Was doing a Schedule C, later notice the client pulled out an IRS feid notice stating that "they must file a 1065." I believe the issue is that when he first registered his company, he put that he wa... See more...
Was doing a Schedule C, later notice the client pulled out an IRS feid notice stating that "they must file a 1065." I believe the issue is that when he first registered his company, he put that he was a partnership. He did say that was his initial plan, but the other partner fell off, even before the company had any earnings. So what choices do we have? Should he just file schedule C and if the IRS sends him a notice of not filing a 1065, just send a copy of the schedule C? Or should he do an 8832? Thank you. 
YES!!! this piece of crap keeps shutting down when printing invoices and letters. Then it messes up my printers, so I have to remove and add my printer. Then on top of that, I did a MFS state split a... See more...
YES!!! this piece of crap keeps shutting down when printing invoices and letters. Then it messes up my printers, so I have to remove and add my printer. Then on top of that, I did a MFS state split and one of the spouses just disappeared from proseries. Proseries is easy to use, but this year might be the last year, soooooo freaking frustrating, I lost 2 clients today, about $400, is Intuit going to pay me for that? 
Thank you so much!! That worked! 
Got a client who is a VA resident and has a MD nonresident return. I get an error on the VA where it says "Credit allowed requires MD State Tax Return to be attached as a PDF to this return for EF.  ... See more...
Got a client who is a VA resident and has a MD nonresident return. I get an error on the VA where it says "Credit allowed requires MD State Tax Return to be attached as a PDF to this return for EF.  When I go to the the "E-File Option" and "Attach PDF Files" there are no files to attach. Where do I get the files and what file exactly does Proseries wants me to attach? Worse case scenario, I am sending it by mail, but prefer to E-file.  Thanks. 
Great Thanks!!!