mvp2885's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mvp2885's Posts

Hello, I am a proseries user and just the other day I got an email from Intuit about partnering with them in some program called "Intuit Turbotax Verified Tax Pro" I am not sure if this is a scam or ... See more...
Hello, I am a proseries user and just the other day I got an email from Intuit about partnering with them in some program called "Intuit Turbotax Verified Tax Pro" I am not sure if this is a scam or what this is. I can't find anything on their site about this. Basically the way I understand it is that I partner with Intuit and they send me referred clients?  
Hello everyone. I have a client who I prepared an 1120-S, e-filed it, and it was rejected. The reason for the rejection is as follows "The return type indicated in the return header must match the re... See more...
Hello everyone. I have a client who I prepared an 1120-S, e-filed it, and it was rejected. The reason for the rejection is as follows "The return type indicated in the return header must match the return type established with the IRS for the EIN." The client then sends me a notice called 3853C saying that they don't have any record that he ever filed a 2553. He did his taxes in 2020 for 2019 return elsewhere, and the copy he provided me stated that the person who prepared his taxes, under the 1120-S he checked the box "is the corporation electing S corporation beginning this tax year" and selected "yes" and attached a 2553 with late filing reason "I was not aware of the election." My dilemma is if they filed electronically, including the 2553 or if it was mailed. I need to ask the client this, but I am not sure if the 2553 can be e-filed with the 1120-S? Anyways, now this year, he is being rejected, so what options are on the table? The rejection reason gives me a number to call, which seems to be the e-services number for the IRS. Thank you.
I have a client who ran payroll last year, is currently a single member LLC, and wants to make the S-corp election by filing 2553. I noticed in proseries, in the 1120-S, there is a question that ask ... See more...
I have a client who ran payroll last year, is currently a single member LLC, and wants to make the S-corp election by filing 2553. I noticed in proseries, in the 1120-S, there is a question that ask "is the corporation electing to be an S corporation with this tax year (yes) (no). Then it has a quikzoom button that takes you to the 2553.  Now my question is this, can the 2553 be e-filed along with the 1120-S? The IRS website states that it has to be faxed or mailed.  Thank you in advance. 
Intuit actually told me to go to "update Ackknowledgement" under e-file options, from there I updated, and it showed as "rejected" so it let me resent them again and it worked. 
I do. And says it’s already been submitted. 
Have an issue. A few returns got rejected, most IP PIN, clients brought back the IP PIN, I updated their file and saved. Now when I try to "re-submit" it says it has already been sent? I thought... See more...
Have an issue. A few returns got rejected, most IP PIN, clients brought back the IP PIN, I updated their file and saved. Now when I try to "re-submit" it says it has already been sent? I thought, based on previous years, I had to resubmit them? We have one that we updated the info on Saturday, still shows "sent to IRS" I can't send. It says "waiting for acknowledgement from taxing authority.   Basically, once the file is saved, it gets sent automatically? Please help! 
I’m doing a w7 and w7 COA ( I’m a CAA) and the last name for the client is two part so the entire name does not fit. It’s missing one letter at the end! What can or should I do? The ItiN process requ... See more...
I’m doing a w7 and w7 COA ( I’m a CAA) and the last name for the client is two part so the entire name does not fit. It’s missing one letter at the end! What can or should I do? The ItiN process requires everything to match the passport.    Any ideas suggestions? Thank you.   
I am having issues with the "find client" option on the homebase screen. When I click on it, a little square box opens up on the top left side. For 2019 and all prior years, a middle pop up screen us... See more...
I am having issues with the "find client" option on the homebase screen. When I click on it, a little square box opens up on the top left side. For 2019 and all prior years, a middle pop up screen used to come up where I can enter client last name, first name. When I used to enter last name and first name, boom client was right there highlighted. Now when I enter last name and first name, I can't client enter because when I search by last name if I have client's with the same last name, it populates all of them! WTF?  Sorry but this is the worse and most upset update if this stands. Is there anyway to go back? I do my taxes on my program, and I put my last name and first name, guess what, my name is highlighted all over since I am there as main preparer Is there any way to revert back to the old find client version? This is a disaster. When I search someone with last name Lopez, and first name, it pulls up ALL JOSES. Before, as I stated, search, done client filed opened. Please DO NOT tell me this is how it is now?  One last thing, when I search by social security number, it starts populating all socials as I search. So the client right beside me can freely see who has a similar social security number to them? wow, and before I entered social and it only went directly to that person. Nice job at protecting client data Intuit!  Is this for real or can I revert back?
So our efin under proseries is set up under one main business name, but we want to start using and advertising a DBA. Can the name be changed in proseries without affecting the current efin? Thank yo... See more...
So our efin under proseries is set up under one main business name, but we want to start using and advertising a DBA. Can the name be changed in proseries without affecting the current efin? Thank you. 
This is what I get after the transfer. No files in 2020 directory   
We tried to transfer out 2019 clients to 2020, but for some odd reason nothing transfer. Everything seems to be working because when I select the file, it pulls up all the clients last names and part... See more...
We tried to transfer out 2019 clients to 2020, but for some odd reason nothing transfer. Everything seems to be working because when I select the file, it pulls up all the clients last names and part of their social (over 1829 client files) and for about 10 minutes, it shows that each is being transferred. After the transfer, NOTHING! It's like nothing happened! Because no client data actually transferred.  We are on network workstations, we are doing the transfer from our server. However, the difference between this year and last year is that I noticed last year the person who did the transfer was showing as the "admin" now this year it does not show that to me. I have a meeting with the IT guy tomorrow to get this fixed, but I was wondering if anyone else has had issues transferring 2019 clients to 2020?  Thank you. 
For some reason the federal did not transmit at all under wrong social. So I am safe there, but the state did. Will the state be rejected if no federal received? It still showing as "return send to s... See more...
For some reason the federal did not transmit at all under wrong social. So I am safe there, but the state did. Will the state be rejected if no federal received? It still showing as "return send to state." 
No, so what happened is I filed both, but for some odd reason, I had a client with almost identical social security numbers, so proseries automatically rejected the federal saying "you have already f... See more...
No, so what happened is I filed both, but for some odd reason, I had a client with almost identical social security numbers, so proseries automatically rejected the federal saying "you have already filed a return with that social security number." I then saw the number was wrong. Corrected, But the state is showing at "return received by intuit." When I click on Update EF status, I get the message "No valid EF center record" So now I can't even EF update to see the status!  
I did a mistake where I efiled a return with a wrong social (one digit wrong :() I changed the social of the primary and now when I try to "update EF status for VA, I get a message saying " No valid ... See more...
I did a mistake where I efiled a return with a wrong social (one digit wrong :() I changed the social of the primary and now when I try to "update EF status for VA, I get a message saying " No valid return EF Center Record Exist." What do I do!? Will state return be rejected? Will it even show? 
Is there any worksheet or anywhere on ProSeries where I can track the stock basis of an S-Corp shareholder? I saw some articles, but they seem to relate to Lacerte Tax. Any information will be apprec... See more...
Is there any worksheet or anywhere on ProSeries where I can track the stock basis of an S-Corp shareholder? I saw some articles, but they seem to relate to Lacerte Tax. Any information will be appreciated, thank you. 
I have been using proseries for multiple years now. I am doing client's bookkeeping through quickbooks online. For individual taxes, proseries is really nice and cost effective. However, for 1120S or... See more...
I have been using proseries for multiple years now. I am doing client's bookkeeping through quickbooks online. For individual taxes, proseries is really nice and cost effective. However, for 1120S or other business returns, since I already have QBO for clients, would it be easier to pay for proconnect? I saw that I can transfer taxes from QBO to Proconnect with a click of a button. Anyone do this? Thanks. 
It would be helpful to have some type of system that tracks new vs. old clients, and the comparison of this years returns submitted compared to last year. Possibly even comparing income to the firm.
Well this shady accountant didn't even do that, probably just put it to reduce some taxes. I'm trying to figure out if it's a customer list. They have a list of assets being depreciated, but this int... See more...
Well this shady accountant didn't even do that, probably just put it to reduce some taxes. I'm trying to figure out if it's a customer list. They have a list of assets being depreciated, but this intangible is questionable. Considering just not including it unless I really find what it is, but at this point it's not very clear.
Been working on an 1120-S. Previous accountant had put approximately $20,000 of intangibles, depreciated some amount, but when I asked the client what that "intangible" is from, they don't know! Prev... See more...
Been working on an 1120-S. Previous accountant had put approximately $20,000 of intangibles, depreciated some amount, but when I asked the client what that "intangible" is from, they don't know! Previous accountant is no where to be found, maybe closed or out due to COVID-19.  Anyways, thoughts on carrying this intangible to this years tax return. Thank you. 
Thanks!