capattie4's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capattie4's Posts

Trying to write off these 2 items for CA (not for use with Federal) Mortgage and home equity indebtedness interest deduction personal casualty and theft loss  Where do I put these differences fo... See more...
Trying to write off these 2 items for CA (not for use with Federal) Mortgage and home equity indebtedness interest deduction personal casualty and theft loss  Where do I put these differences for CA vs Federal?
my client has CA income but is non-resident. can't clear the diagnostic for this form Pattie
Looking to add K1 information for K1 to qualify for QBI - there is not a line to enter?
Hard time logging in and can't even select a client! Not saving info. thought it was my browser? It's freaking April 8th C'mon!!
Great Answers! Now for 2020 I can't find the "tax payments worksheet" so I had to make an adjustment to the withholding on the W2 form. I would prefer not to - can you explain where I can find the ed... See more...
Great Answers! Now for 2020 I can't find the "tax payments worksheet" so I had to make an adjustment to the withholding on the W2 form. I would prefer not to - can you explain where I can find the editable worksheet?  Thank you Pattie 
I will take a look - that may be the way to go as the business has closed. Thank you so much! Hope I don't have any more questions, you have been kind to help Pattie
Can you tell me if I can amend the 2015 form 1120 for the 2018 NOL with the ending date of 9/30/2019? You go back 3 years, correct?  am I too late? Pattie 
Thank you! That was it! Those little things.... Pattie
I am amending to include a carryback loss. the fiscal year is 10/1/2016 - 9/30/2017. The problem is re-creating the original return (I didn't prepare) Form 4562 has an entry for Part III - i, nonresi... See more...
I am amending to include a carryback loss. the fiscal year is 10/1/2016 - 9/30/2017. The problem is re-creating the original return (I didn't prepare) Form 4562 has an entry for Part III - i, nonresidential real property. It is for a roof on a building - the previous preparer has it listed as 39 year property, MM convention, SL method. Now here is the problem, the date placed in service is 3/14/2017 for $18,800 and the current year depreciation is 262. I can't get it to add the current year depreciation (2016), it wants to carry it to 2017 return. I have tried the quick-entry of the item and the direct input, both without showing any depreciation at all. Is there a way to over-ride this? Or am I missing something? Thank you for your suggestions. Pattie
My client is MFS - Lives with Spouse and has dependent care benefits (pre-tax). I want to generate the exclusion so her $4500 is not taxable. I know she can't take the Child Care Credit. I just want ... See more...
My client is MFS - Lives with Spouse and has dependent care benefits (pre-tax). I want to generate the exclusion so her $4500 is not taxable. I know she can't take the Child Care Credit. I just want to make the exclusion show up on page 2 - how is that done?  Thank you in advance for any help on this issue Pattie
And how did you prepare page 2 with the tax program? I can't find any way to complete page 2 with ProConnect Tax Software. Can anyone help me with this? thank you Pattie Clary
Thanks for the reply! What about the deferred gain? What happens to that amount?  
client received rental property in like kind exchange and I am setting up the depreciation. There is a FMV of $759,000 and a Basis of $219,232 with a deferred gain of $539,768 what do I use for the ... See more...
client received rental property in like kind exchange and I am setting up the depreciation. There is a FMV of $759,000 and a Basis of $219,232 with a deferred gain of $539,768 what do I use for the cost? And what do I do about the deferred gain? There is also land value that I will need to make an adjustment for as well. Any help is greatly appreciated Pattie Clary
MFS, living together - No Dependent Care Credit allowed, so how do you get the exclusion amount off the wages? New rule says you can still take the exclusion..
Can't separate the incomes between the 2 states cause I can't add a Nevada State Return. Client's IRA, Interest and Dividend income is included in the Federal Adjusted Gross Income on Schedule CA NR.... See more...
Can't separate the incomes between the 2 states cause I can't add a Nevada State Return. Client's IRA, Interest and Dividend income is included in the Federal Adjusted Gross Income on Schedule CA NR. Will I have to subtract all other income as an over-ride to show only the CA Rental income to CA?