hjpinto's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hjpinto's Posts

Thx or the tip.  I tried with the supervisor, but what I DID NOT do was reexamine my contract because the 3 year deal never came up.
I was an ancient user of ProSeries in my small practice - excellent software, lots of nice features, but several years ago INTUIT priced me out of the market with price increases.  last year I bough... See more...
I was an ancient user of ProSeries in my small practice - excellent software, lots of nice features, but several years ago INTUIT priced me out of the market with price increases.  last year I bought and downloaded the latest slim version of ProSeries designed for guys like me that only do 150 returns.  Tried it, it didn't work well for me and attempted to cancel BEFORE the season began.  So sorry, no cancellations, so I paid $1,000+ for a program I didn't use for one return.  Kinda pissed me off, but hey, no bust. Got a notice today for automatic renewal.  Called to cancel to find out that I'm committed to 3 years of ProSeries and if I cancel a penalty of 10% for the 3 years = $375. I do not recall the sales person (who got so excited about me re-trying the program) telling me anything about 3 years of auto renewals, especially since I told him I would like to give it a RETRY, or a penalty if I did not renew for 3 years. Is INTUIT so hard up that this is their policy?  In my 30 years of tax prep I've switched several time  from one tax program to try another to evaluate the latest and greatest.   I'm REALLY upset, especially since I am a ProAdvisor, use Desktop and QBO and pay $795/year for a payroll subscription, and I was wondering if anyone out there knew who I should talk with.  I refused to take my wrath out on the young lady answering the phone - she's just dong her job, but I am highly displeased. Pinto