Tax Man Bert's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Man Bert's Posts

I have been using the ProSeries Basic product nearly 2 decades. I know we have year over year increases but even when we have been through periods of recession, the prices keep going up. I operate a ... See more...
I have been using the ProSeries Basic product nearly 2 decades. I know we have year over year increases but even when we have been through periods of recession, the prices keep going up. I operate a small tax practice and have always tried to serve a group using a great software but trying to minimize costs. And is many cases, I can't afford to compete with fees being charge by other groups for tax returns. I represent a lot of seniors, lower to moderate incomes folk who need an alternative to higher prep fees. The choice comes down for some to losing clients or decreasing profit. Going back to only 2013, year over year cost of the software from 2013 increased, starting in 2014, 10%, 3%, 5%, 5%, 5%, 17%, and again 5% for upcoming 2020. The price of the product is up 62% compared to the 2013 base year I am comparing to. It is almost comparing to a similar statement about the F-150. . . having to pay $35,000 to $55,000 for a truck on a $20,000 salary. That is not affordable and the cost of ProSeries quickly approaching a point that I will have to potentially consider having to find a new software provider. I know they will probably increase as well but maybe not as much per year . . . and when  they reach the price I am paying today I'll be quite old and will probably be fully retired. I have had many preparers tell me they could no longer afford ProSeries and had to change. I don't really want to change, it just seems that Intuit may be a little out of touch with some of its users and the impact of the external influences on the economy.  
The process through the E-File Center does work. I just converted and filed 2 different client returns through this process. But the e-file selection from inside the client's return after completing ... See more...
The process through the E-File Center does work. I just converted and filed 2 different client returns through this process. But the e-file selection from inside the client's return after completing the reviews and saving the file crashes the Pro-Series Basic program. I asks to send a report to Pro-Series, but based on all the posts, it does not appear like it is getting fixed.
Same issue here.  I have updated software to make sure I have most recent update. Working with Pro-Series Basic.  Called Tech Support.  Currently on schedule to be called back. Estimated at least a 4... See more...
Same issue here.  I have updated software to make sure I have most recent update. Working with Pro-Series Basic.  Called Tech Support.  Currently on schedule to be called back. Estimated at least a 45 minute wait. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - ESPECIALLY IF IT AN KNOW ISSUE.   And according to the posts, it has been going on for a while.
Thanks as well!
Thanks for your help!
I have searched every way I know to determine if 2019 Pro-Series Basic Stand Alone can be logged into while offline to perform work, I just called in to Tech Support to ask the question and was told... See more...
I have searched every way I know to determine if 2019 Pro-Series Basic Stand Alone can be logged into while offline to perform work, I just called in to Tech Support to ask the question and was told my wait time was over an hour.  I have already spent over an hour searching for the answer.  I can't wait on line another hour. This is poor reliability.  I simply need to know for productivity.  There are times when I may not have internet access, especially if traveling.
Same issue here . . . filed on Oct 15