pamdory's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pamdory's Posts

When I have freezing issues I usually find there's an update to the program waiting to be installed.  That usually remedies the problem for me.
Is there a chance that an asset was added with prior depreciation entered in the Prior Section 179 field instead of Prior depreciation or amortization field?  I seem to recall these fields have chang... See more...
Is there a chance that an asset was added with prior depreciation entered in the Prior Section 179 field instead of Prior depreciation or amortization field?  I seem to recall these fields have changed positions some year in the past and I've caught myself entering a new client's info into the wrong field on the first try.
This usually works for me.  There's also something in the Tool Hub that helps, but I don't remember what it's called. I encountered this a lot last year and found if I first run updates on the newes... See more...
This usually works for me.  There's also something in the Tool Hub that helps, but I don't remember what it's called. I encountered this a lot last year and found if I first run updates on the newest (also fastest) workstation in my network I have no problems.  
I believe that is the "Filing Instructions" rather than the "Client Letter".  If you go to Settings>Options>Items To Print and check in the Print Order box that "Client Letter" is checked (Under the ... See more...
I believe that is the "Filing Instructions" rather than the "Client Letter".  If you go to Settings>Options>Items To Print and check in the Print Order box that "Client Letter" is checked (Under the heading Client Correspondence).   You can also pick what order you want things to print within the various copies of the return by using the Move Up and Move Down buttons to the left.  
I also use the Form code 17 = "Form 4562 only" to keep something on the depreciation schedule.  Works well to hold an asset in limbo.
Thank you for this.  I was about to go check on this very point.   I just had a discussion with a client who typically files early that would benefit from this SALT increase, discussing filing logis... See more...
Thank you for this.  I was about to go check on this very point.   I just had a discussion with a client who typically files early that would benefit from this SALT increase, discussing filing logistics.    
I'm no longer getting the K-1 diagnostic, just the 8383.
Thanks, it's good to have company.
Anybody else seeing this: I'm getting three critical diagnostics on all of my 1120-S returns that all relate to Form 8283. None of the returns have any input that would trigger a Form 8283. The di... See more...
Anybody else seeing this: I'm getting three critical diagnostics on all of my 1120-S returns that all relate to Form 8283. None of the returns have any input that would trigger a Form 8283. The diagnostic code is (#0) The returns can e-file without a problem, it's just one of those glitchy things.  And since I've had a few hiccups with my new copier/scanner/printer (aka Bubba) speaking with my computer, but working fine with the other workstations in my office, I'm a little paranoid.
Excellent point.  
It seems like the best option for the Child Tax Credit portion. For Bonus depreciation, maybe not so much.  I'm just holding off on making those decisions until the dust settles on this one.
The eternal optimist checking in: Perhaps they'll do like they did with the 2020 unemployment income exclusion and automatically adjust and refund to taxpayers who have already filed...
Yes, that's right.  
I use the Preparer Review Copy for my saved copy of the return as I have it configured to include the most information.   I use Preparer File Copy for copies for clients to share with lenders, etc. ... See more...
I use the Preparer Review Copy for my saved copy of the return as I have it configured to include the most information.   I use Preparer File Copy for copies for clients to share with lenders, etc.  I've configured it to be a complete copy with the current year depreciation schedules, but without all of the analysis type reports, letters and invoices I keep in my files.  It is just what they need when they need to supply a copy to someone. You can set the configuration of each of the return copies in Settings>Items To Print and then selecting the copy of the return you want to change. There you can pick what you want to be included in each copy and move forms around. For example, in my Preparer Review copy that stays with my file, I moved the client invoice to print on top of the first state return because in my files that's where it is while the Client Letter is on top of the federal return.  In my Client Copy the  Invoice is in front of the pack as that is the copy I put in my AR file.  
There were a bunch of in-program alerts and emails in late 2023 telling us to be sure to update and log on to tax years 2016-2022 before year-end in order to maintain the ability to log on because of... See more...
There were a bunch of in-program alerts and emails in late 2023 telling us to be sure to update and log on to tax years 2016-2022 before year-end in order to maintain the ability to log on because of some security changes that were being made.  Here's a link:  https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/action-required-security-updates-and-impact-to-prior-year/00/273671 If you did those and you're still not able to log on to 2022 try running the Lacerte Tool Hub.
Yes, solar sales reps are the newest batch of unqualified tax advisors.  I've had clients in two different states tell me their solar sales rep told them they could take the tax credit in the year th... See more...
Yes, solar sales reps are the newest batch of unqualified tax advisors.  I've had clients in two different states tell me their solar sales rep told them they could take the tax credit in the year that they signed the contract.  Ummm no, you'll get it once the system is placed in service.  Ironically, these two got a higher credit because the 30% credit was reinstated.
He can and should.
Not for this week's discussion, but I did want to throw it out there while there is an audience here.  Hopefully some of you will come back and share when our time is not stretched so thin. I'm faci... See more...
Not for this week's discussion, but I did want to throw it out there while there is an audience here.  Hopefully some of you will come back and share when our time is not stretched so thin. I'm facing the need to replace my file server after this season.  I run Lacerte on three workstations and store all data files on my server.  Data has remote and local back ups.  It's worked and I can access the server remotely when I leave the office for longer periods. I'm curious about everyone's thoughts about the Lacerte cloud hosting.  I trust some of you folks more than other sources available to me and value your opinions & experience.  How are you using Lacerte in your practice?  Do you trust the cloud option Lacerte is offering?   
I'm experiencing this issue as well.   I've been considering adding something to the organizer about whether the client would like me to have the contact information of a trusted relative or friend i... See more...
I'm experiencing this issue as well.   I've been considering adding something to the organizer about whether the client would like me to have the contact information of a trusted relative or friend in the event that they are having difficulties organizing their tax information, and then include an authorization form for them to complete and submit for us to keep on file.  Is anyone else doing this already? 
I'm inclined to vote for the Prizes and Awards also.  Which means his wagering losses won't be offsetting it.  I always hate explaining those things to clients.