Flamingo340's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flamingo340's Posts

Post removed for violating Intuit's Terms of Use. 
You have people who are not tax professionals who wound up here because they are grasping for straws after not being able to get a resolution from the IRS or SSA. I understand that you are trying to ... See more...
You have people who are not tax professionals who wound up here because they are grasping for straws after not being able to get a resolution from the IRS or SSA. I understand that you are trying to redirect people, but you're redirecting them to a resource where they will not be able to receive assistance that will lead to a resolution, and to me, it reads like you're talking down to people while doing so.  I'm sure you do volunteer on these forums, and maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to take your words for being demeaning. That said, I literally just said that I was coming here to try to do some research about an issue so I could feed it up. I'm a hands on, front line employee and I noticed an issue that I have yet to see an official answer for. So I've got zero information for anyone beyond "this actually shouldn't be happening, but is happening and there's no official fix yet". Whether they're aware of the scope of the issue or are working on anything or not is well above my pay grade, but again, there's not an official answer or procedure specifically addressing it. Which is why I was gathering information on my own time to prepare a report for my supervisor.  I don't speak I'm any kind of official capacity. I'm a taxpayer as well, and am impacted by all these issues as well, and I happen to also work for the IRS. What I probably could have said is "hey, IRS resources won't help you either, sit tight, hopefully we're working on a resolution". But a couple of your posts read like you were a jerk, so I responded like you were a jerk and I'm sorry if you're not. We as employees are as restricted by the systems as anyone else and it's incredibly frustrating to encounter an unresolved problem and feel like you're the only one who cares if it's fixed.
Hey, IRS systems analyst here. I actually wound up in this forum while doing a little research on an issue I'm trying to feed up the chain of command for resolution. I've only decided to comment here... See more...
Hey, IRS systems analyst here. I actually wound up in this forum while doing a little research on an issue I'm trying to feed up the chain of command for resolution. I've only decided to comment here because your smug smarminess has rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that this is not the proper arena to get answers for this particular issue, but you are also sending people off on a wild goose chase. The problem here is not that these people do not understand the eligibility requirements for receiving the EIP, but that our integrated data retrieval system has incorrectly coded a large number of green card holders as having Social Security Numbers that are only valid for non-work purposes. This is not an issue that the Social Security Administration has created, nor are they in a position to resolve it. Telling people to call SSA or the IRS for an issue that cannot be resolved at this time is not only a waste of their time, but is increasing hold times across the board for both agencies. Directing people to a generic page on the IRS website for a problem that hasn't been addressed yet is similarly wasteful. By all means, if you don't want  people talking about things that don't belong in the forum, then continue to correct them. But please stay in your lane and continue preparing tax returns instead of spreading misinformation and contributing to the confusion.