alyle99's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alyle99's Posts

On 1120S: How do I segregate wages, health care coverage, taxes, retirement....? Line 7 Comp of Officers: What goes there? Is it gross pay, OR is it gross pay subtract Cafe 125 and 401K, OR is Gross... See more...
On 1120S: How do I segregate wages, health care coverage, taxes, retirement....? Line 7 Comp of Officers: What goes there? Is it gross pay, OR is it gross pay subtract Cafe 125 and 401K, OR is Gross pay subtract Cafe 125. Line 8 Salaries and Wages: Same question Line 12 taxes and licenses: Total FICA taxes paid by employer for all employees including shareholders? (FUTA etc...) Line 17 pension and profit sharing: ? Line 18 Employee Benefits: Employer matching 401k? Line 19: Employer cost of Health insurance? I know a lot else goes there but specifically concerned about health care coverage.   
I was looking at account activity in Pro-Connect and there is a login from an unknown device and browser and it always appears twice around 3 AM. I changed Password and to multi-factor login and it s... See more...
I was looking at account activity in Pro-Connect and there is a login from an unknown device and browser and it always appears twice around 3 AM. I changed Password and to multi-factor login and it still appeared. Is this some sort of maintenance that Intuit does every night?
Sorry. I am still confused on your answer. On schedule D:? Sales Price= 337k Cost= 337k For my deductions:? Brokerage fees, taxes, etc (everything but utilities)
So is the sales price and cost $307,803? None of the other items would be added to the basis? By effect distribution does that mean that since there were multiple heirs the house was sold so the asse... See more...
So is the sales price and cost $307,803? None of the other items would be added to the basis? By effect distribution does that mean that since there were multiple heirs the house was sold so the asset could be distributed?
I am working on a 1041 and I am confused on how to handle selling expenses of a house sold after death by the estate. It was sold shortly after death so there would have be no appreciation. According... See more...
I am working on a 1041 and I am confused on how to handle selling expenses of a house sold after death by the estate. It was sold shortly after death so there would have be no appreciation. According to the IRS, “Selling expenses (such as broker fees, survey fees, or transfer steps) are deductible if the sale is necessary in order to pay debts, expenses, administration or taxes, to preserve the estate, or to effect distribution.”  The estate has sufficient assets to pay expenses, but would the selling expenses still be deductible since they affected distribution?   Also below is a sample settlement statement. Would the Sales price and Cost be $307,803.34 and the expenses I can deduct be the Brokers commission of $20,220? I can not find anything in the code or a pub that specifically says what I can do. Is there an IRC or pub that discusses this circumstance?     Item   DR  CR Sales Price        337,000.00 Brokers Commissions        20,200.00   Estimate final bill to City              400.00   Estimated final bill to utilities              875.00   Pro rata taxes              245.05   Escrow fees              895.05   Title Charges Home owners policy          1,184.56   County Transfer Tax          5,397.00   Due to Seller      307,803.34           Total      337,000.00    337,000.00            
Thank you. They were not included on his final 1099-R so when the pension company reissues the checks and if federal tax is withheld, I will ask for a refund.
Hi, They were checks that never were cashed because the decedent was to sick to cash them. The estate asked them to reissue the checks to the estate so I assume that no federal withholdings should b... See more...
Hi, They were checks that never were cashed because the decedent was to sick to cash them. The estate asked them to reissue the checks to the estate so I assume that no federal withholdings should be included on the new checks since they are issued after death? If there was witholding it would be minimal at a total of $129 for all of the checks.
Hi, The estate of a decedent is waiting on three pension checks to be reissued under the estate name.  Should there be any federal tax witheld on these checks and if there is should I request a refu... See more...
Hi, The estate of a decedent is waiting on three pension checks to be reissued under the estate name.  Should there be any federal tax witheld on these checks and if there is should I request a refund of that amount for the estate?
Hi, An estate sold a house two months after the death of the decedent for a total of 300K including all fees.  There was no appraisal done.  Would the 20K in brokers fees be considered a capital los... See more...
Hi, An estate sold a house two months after the death of the decedent for a total of 300K including all fees.  There was no appraisal done.  Would the 20K in brokers fees be considered a capital loss?  
It appears it is still in the works! Thank you
Hi, I think I agree with your solution. However the post above this states that they are misc itemized deduction and there is no benefit for the beneficiaries.  However if you add the excess deducti... See more...
Hi, I think I agree with your solution. However the post above this states that they are misc itemized deduction and there is no benefit for the beneficiaries.  However if you add the excess deductions to line 22 on on Schedule 1 there would be benefits to the beneficiaries because it is an adjustment to income. Any thoughts on that?
Thank you. I am just curious on what line the beneficiaries would put that deduction their personal 1040's and if it would actually benefit them?
Thank you!
I am working on a final 1041 where the only income is C.D. interest which is about 2k.  The fees associated with the close of of the estate is about 18K so there are excess deductions on the K-1's.  ... See more...
I am working on a final 1041 where the only income is C.D. interest which is about 2k.  The fees associated with the close of of the estate is about 18K so there are excess deductions on the K-1's.  Are the beneficiaries able to use those deductions on their own 1040's and if so what line would those be added to? Thank you
I am getting error code 25512 regarding unequal distributions on a 1041.  The distributions are equal so not sure how to clear.   Total beneficiary's short-term capital gain percentage entered on ,... See more...
I am getting error code 25512 regarding unequal distributions on a 1041.  The distributions are equal so not sure how to clear.   Total beneficiary's short-term capital gain percentage entered on , 1041 Distributions: Distribution Percentages is greater than 100%. The total percentage entered in the Short-term columns for Required and Other (Schedule B, lines 9 and 10) can not equal more than 100% for all beneficiaries. If 100% is entered in for both Required and Other then 200% of DNI or TAI is distributed to beneficiaries.  View on Input Screen
Thank you!
Hi, I am working on a 1041 for an estate and I need some training on how to do it in ProConnect. Any recommendations on videos, other materials, or if someone can walk me through it?  It is a pretty... See more...
Hi, I am working on a 1041 for an estate and I need some training on how to do it in ProConnect. Any recommendations on videos, other materials, or if someone can walk me through it?  It is a pretty simple return with only CD interest and a house sale with no Capital Gains but it is my first one so I could use some guidence. Thank you, Andrew