ingridsorenson's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ingridsorenson's Posts

My client purchased solar panels for his rental property. Can I use ITC? Can I depreciate the cost?
Thank you. I read that Washington is trying to implement a capital gains tax. My client has another property there that he may want to sell
Thank you for your response. I didn't think California would be involved until the new property sells in the future. I just had a mind block for a moment! My client is heading for retirement shortly... See more...
Thank you for your response. I didn't think California would be involved until the new property sells in the future. I just had a mind block for a moment! My client is heading for retirement shortly and didn't want the obligation of an out-of-state property any longer. I actually tried to dissuade him but he also had some valid reasons. 
A client sold his Washington State rental condo in a 1031 exchange for a condo in California. I'm confused on how to treat it. Washington has no tax, therefore no capital gains on state level. Does i... See more...
A client sold his Washington State rental condo in a 1031 exchange for a condo in California. I'm confused on how to treat it. Washington has no tax, therefore no capital gains on state level. Does it affect California at this point? He is a resident of California
That would actually make sense. One came from an established EA the other self prepared.
Thank you. That's the only way I do business and I have awesome clients. It just perplexed me because I saw this in 2 days with 2 different (new) clients. For a moment I thought maybe I missed someth... See more...
Thank you. That's the only way I do business and I have awesome clients. It just perplexed me because I saw this in 2 days with 2 different (new) clients. For a moment I thought maybe I missed something somewhere.
Thank you. Been doing this for a long time and questioned my knowledge. I had two separate clients file their 2019 that way. 
I have 2 new clients, both are W-2 employees but expenses mileage on a Schedule C. I have never seen this and feel it's not correct. Any opinions
I saw the message from ProSeries on Tuesday. It said there was a problem and they're working on fixing it. It also said to NOT resubmit the return. I still have one just sitting there and am worried ... See more...
I saw the message from ProSeries on Tuesday. It said there was a problem and they're working on fixing it. It also said to NOT resubmit the return. I still have one just sitting there and am worried about sending others. 
I am the administrator and it will not allow me to update.  I have right clicked on icon and clicked "Run as Administrator" and program will not open at all when I do that.
I have a client who claims that the amount in Box 5 of his federal 1099-R is for health insurance payments and should be expensed on Schedule A