Hub's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub's Posts

That would probably work, but the Schedule E worksheets are all carried forward from the prior year and that would mean making additional work to change the worksheets. Currently I have the propertie... See more...
That would probably work, but the Schedule E worksheets are all carried forward from the prior year and that would mean making additional work to change the worksheets. Currently I have the properties in the return twice. What a pain
Have a problem with trying to export rental property assets from FAM to 1040. The FAM has all the properties separately set up by property description, which corresponds to the property description i... See more...
Have a problem with trying to export rental property assets from FAM to 1040. The FAM has all the properties separately set up by property description, which corresponds to the property description in the 1040 Schedule E. FAM is linked to Schedule E Worksheet The exported assets do not import to the similar worksheets in the 1040 but set up new Schedule E worksheets with only the "Location" completed and the depreciation included in that worksheet. Nothing imports to the original Schedule E worksheets and I end up with two worksheets for the same property. I have seen some earlier posts that state the ID needs to be the same. What is the ID? The property names (descriptions) are identical. Have tried changing the "Location" in FAM to the same address in the 1040. Still doesn't import correctly. What am I missing? Thanks
Thanks Lisa You were spot on with the solution.
I have many capital gains for Schedule D on a 1041 this year and do not want to attach the brokers statement of gains and losses as they will be reported under the deceased Social Security number sin... See more...
I have many capital gains for Schedule D on a 1041 this year and do not want to attach the brokers statement of gains and losses as they will be reported under the deceased Social Security number since the trust number and the trust account did not get set up until after the transactions.  I can note the adjustments on the return. The Schedule D seems to only be allowing 2 transactions. How can I add an additional schedule D form?
I also still have this problem with multiple Iowa properties. Why isn't ProSeries fixing this issue. I don't see anything on IA site stipulating this is an issue. What is the workaround? ProSeries h... See more...
I also still have this problem with multiple Iowa properties. Why isn't ProSeries fixing this issue. I don't see anything on IA site stipulating this is an issue. What is the workaround? ProSeries has had this issue for a while and is not addressing.
Still looking but on the IA 148 if you input to Part II column K it will pick up the amounts on the IA 1040 line 62.  My return can't be filed electronically because ProSeries says it can't be filed... See more...
Still looking but on the IA 148 if you input to Part II column K it will pick up the amounts on the IA 1040 line 62.  My return can't be filed electronically because ProSeries says it can't be filed electronically ??? It looks like I can file on paper and get the credit to show up. It is a large number in my case so this is highly unacceptable!
I completely agree. If you use IA 148 TP in the Part II section under Refundable Tax Credits there is not a code for the PTE tax for nonresident shareholders that also have other operations in IA. It... See more...
I completely agree. If you use IA 148 TP in the Part II section under Refundable Tax Credits there is not a code for the PTE tax for nonresident shareholders that also have other operations in IA. It looks like we can't file IA return electronically, but can input in Column K the amounts received from the S Corp PTE amounts. It then totaled the amounts and did put them on line 62 of IA 1040. Does ProSeries even look at these issues.   
Have taxpayer that is a nonresident of Iowa and the K-1 has Pass-Through Entity withholding. Where do we enter it on the Iowa personal return? The instructions say to use IA 148 TP but there is no cr... See more...
Have taxpayer that is a nonresident of Iowa and the K-1 has Pass-Through Entity withholding. Where do we enter it on the Iowa personal return? The instructions say to use IA 148 TP but there is no credit code under Part IV or anywhere else I can find that indicates a code for the PTE withholding.  
When is ProSeries going to include the 2023 PTE vouchers. The program currently will only show 2022. The letter to the client is also incorrect as we need to be able to notify the client of the June ... See more...
When is ProSeries going to include the 2023 PTE vouchers. The program currently will only show 2022. The letter to the client is also incorrect as we need to be able to notify the client of the June 15, 2023 PTE voucher and the 2nd voucher for 2023. FYI, the vouchers are available at the California FTB website!
I must be missing something, but the 100S for California keeps showing me the vouchers for the 2022 PTE payments. How do I get the 2023 voucher to print for the June 15, 2023 payment and the 2nd vouc... See more...
I must be missing something, but the 100S for California keeps showing me the vouchers for the 2022 PTE payments. How do I get the 2023 voucher to print for the June 15, 2023 payment and the 2nd voucher that should state 2023 and be due on March 15, 2024?  
I subscribed to the tax organizers this year hoping to be able to upload them to Intuit Link for my clients to complete if they desired. I have the organizers prepared but do not see where or how to ... See more...
I subscribed to the tax organizers this year hoping to be able to upload them to Intuit Link for my clients to complete if they desired. I have the organizers prepared but do not see where or how to upload them to the Intuit Link portal and then invite my clients to the link. Is there a way to upload that I am missing, or is it just not possible to send client organizers via Intuit Link.  Thank you for your help
I am sure I rolled everything over sometime in January or maybe even December
I am amending returns for Federal and the states of Minnesota and Iowa. The Iowa amended return keeps generating a "transfer was unsuccessful. Internal Error. Then a window pops up that says "we were... See more...
I am amending returns for Federal and the states of Minnesota and Iowa. The Iowa amended return keeps generating a "transfer was unsuccessful. Internal Error. Then a window pops up that says "we were unable to go to the selected state. You may need to remove the existing state return, or re-install your state product.. I am worried about uninstalling the state as I presume I might lose the state data. The return is okay and my understanding is the state amended return cannot be electronically filed. Do not see how to reinstall the IA return without completely deleting the state first. All updates are current.
Have completed California 100S return and tried to electronic file the 3rd and 4th estimates electronically and have automatic withdrawal. The return was marked for the estimates to be automatically ... See more...
Have completed California 100S return and tried to electronic file the 3rd and 4th estimates electronically and have automatic withdrawal. The return was marked for the estimates to be automatically withdrawn in the future but do not see they were transmitted and can't determine how to send them if they have not been transmitted. The return has been accepted. Any help is appreciated
Hi Lisa Actually I had the information filled in at the bottom of the information sheet as nonresident. But, I did see where the other box shows MN as the previous year, which is actually correct. I... See more...
Hi Lisa Actually I had the information filled in at the bottom of the information sheet as nonresident. But, I did see where the other box shows MN as the previous year, which is actually correct. I removed that designation and left it blank and the issue corrected itself on the MN nonresident return. Strange issue Thanks for the tip
Client is a nonresident in MN. The MN info worksheet Part II when I check nonresident filing form M1 I leave the taxpayers boxes blank but the spouse boxes show errors in the MN resident from: boxes ... See more...
Client is a nonresident in MN. The MN info worksheet Part II when I check nonresident filing form M1 I leave the taxpayers boxes blank but the spouse boxes show errors in the MN resident from: boxes to boxes? These should be blank in my opinion. Bot taxpayer and spouse show FL as resident on 12/31/21 How to fix this issue as I do not want it showing on the return as spouse in MN at all during the year.
I also have this issue and I did roll over everything. I do use Fixed Asset Manager and upload that to the returns. I looked at the Iowa web site and don't see anything that requires us to file on p... See more...
I also have this issue and I did roll over everything. I do use Fixed Asset Manager and upload that to the returns. I looked at the Iowa web site and don't see anything that requires us to file on paper if we have more than one 4562A which is the case that I have  
Have a taxpayer that has multiple states where they are nonresidents. In two states they have both rental property and S Corps in the state. They do not live in those states so are nonresidents. The ... See more...
Have a taxpayer that has multiple states where they are nonresidents. In two states they have both rental property and S Corps in the state. They do not live in those states so are nonresidents. The nonresident returns are picking up the rental information from the federal return but are not picking up the K-1s for the nonresident state as they should. I can override on the nonresident state but then it does not show the correct totals on the "worksheets" Any help is appreciated. Thankis
Is there a way to email only one or two pages, such as an 8879 from the ProSeries DMS program. Every time I try all I get is the entire document. The drop down box says you can "select pages" but hav... See more...
Is there a way to email only one or two pages, such as an 8879 from the ProSeries DMS program. Every time I try all I get is the entire document. The drop down box says you can "select pages" but have not been able to accomplish that.  
Okay, the paper clip shows up in the EF page detail, but not in the 1040 page. My main question is that when you attach the PDF it does not put a check mark next to the PDF Attachment in the dropdown... See more...
Okay, the paper clip shows up in the EF page detail, but not in the 1040 page. My main question is that when you attach the PDF it does not put a check mark next to the PDF Attachment in the dropdown list above the E-Fle check. It used to show up there so unless I go to the EF screen I don't know if the program has attached the PDF documents or not.