MiJoMo01's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiJoMo01's Posts

I also put Code D - 2 on Line 8 to distinguish the character of the distribution.
Yes, that is what I finally did.  Remember, the 1041 Estate and Trust Form does not show a 1099R in the forms selection.  I finally had to manually hack it by putting in the amount of reduction betwe... See more...
Yes, that is what I finally did.  Remember, the 1041 Estate and Trust Form does not show a 1099R in the forms selection.  I finally had to manually hack it by putting in the amount of reduction between box 1 and box 2 as a negative figure in the "Other income" input line 8, and then line the reduced amount shows up in the right-side income on line 8   Thanks for your response.
Since it can be posted in box 14 of W-2, usually that is just reporting information and does not compute in the program.  Are such wages be required to report in the tax return as taxable?  Or can th... See more...
Since it can be posted in box 14 of W-2, usually that is just reporting information and does not compute in the program.  Are such wages be required to report in the tax return as taxable?  Or can the separate notice from the employer be ignored?
Thank you!  That really makes sense.
 For 2019 tax year...preparing now... clients want to know difference of MSJ or MFS and what the tax balance due for MFJ compared to MFS for each of the clients.  There is considerable self-employmen... See more...
 For 2019 tax year...preparing now... clients want to know difference of MSJ or MFS and what the tax balance due for MFJ compared to MFS for each of the clients.  There is considerable self-employment earned by the primary tax payer on the MFJ.  Texas is a community property state so I am doing the 8958 for each spouse to allocate the income and that the self-employment spouse will be allocated the full SE to his return. The MFS for the husband had no problem in doing his MFS and the SE allocated to him as it should. But now on the spouse when I am trying to do her MFS, the Info sheet allows me to put both of their names in with her name in the primary side and his on the right side.  And I checked MFS box. But when I try to enter the spouse's his self-employment income the software won't allow me to enter it under his name.  It reverts to her name.  What should I do to make it right.  Am I missing something somewhere, a box or other thing?  I really need help!  Thank you.  Anyone else that has had same problem with the 2019 Basic software? It's interesting that I was able to do his MFS but her's is not accepting it I used the Federal Final Review but it doesn't show me what is wrong concerning that issue.
I transferred the whole list of my tax files from 2019 tax year to 2020 to my laptop before I had my tower. Now I want to transfer those files on laptop to my tower.  I tried moving each file as nee... See more...
I transferred the whole list of my tax files from 2019 tax year to 2020 to my laptop before I had my tower. Now I want to transfer those files on laptop to my tower.  I tried moving each file as needed by downloading to a flash drive and then upload to tower.  But it doesn't seem to work.  Every so often I will have a box show up that I am mismatched and then the file will move onto the tower?     How can I network my laptop to my tower so I can move the whole list?
If my client contributes to IRA after July 15 and before October 15? Also, can the client make withdrawal from that IRA during 2021?