dkh's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dkh's Posts

I think you missed my point. This person is angry with me because his preparer completed his return without including the K1.    I have no control over his preparer.  I do agree with your point of h... See more...
I think you missed my point. This person is angry with me because his preparer completed his return without including the K1.    I have no control over his preparer.  I do agree with your point of having one member of LLC as contact person.   This non-client member isn't even involved in the daily operations of the business.  I've been working with the other member that runs the business.  They are brothers. 
Received phone call from a non-client member of LLC that I am preparing.  First year for this LLC.  This non-client member is angry because his tax preparer finished his return without the K-1 and no... See more...
Received phone call from a non-client member of LLC that I am preparing.  First year for this LLC.  This non-client member is angry because his tax preparer finished his return without the K-1 and now will need to redo the return.       How is this my problem ?     He is also angry because I did not return his call last week to tell him if I was done yet.  I refuse to call someone to say I'm not done.   If you don't have the paperwork from me it's obvious it's not done.  Not wasting my time making that call.
After sending out K1s for SCorp, received call from shareholder that his SS# is incorrect.  It is the number that was provided to me and submitted with F2553.      Do I need to notify IRS of the err... See more...
After sending out K1s for SCorp, received call from shareholder that his SS# is incorrect.  It is the number that was provided to me and submitted with F2553.      Do I need to notify IRS of the error ?     If yes, how do I do that?   I have a copy of CP261  S Election acceptance.  
IRS instructions for F5695 under section Who Can Take the Credits states  Part I is existing homes and new construction; Part II is existing only I second guess myself on these also. I reread the in... See more...
IRS instructions for F5695 under section Who Can Take the Credits states  Part I is existing homes and new construction; Part II is existing only I second guess myself on these also. I reread the instructions every time I have an energy credit.
I'm jealous of your finish line view.    I'm fighting off an anxiety attack which, unfortunately, is normal for me at this point in tax season.   
@dascpa wrote:              Your computer is tired and running out of active memory.   I'm feeling that way myself.  
@dascpa wrote: So much wasted time due to software people not thinking it through.   Or are they overthinking it.   Software people need to consult with tax practitioners.  Don't think that ... See more...
@dascpa wrote: So much wasted time due to software people not thinking it through.   Or are they overthinking it.   Software people need to consult with tax practitioners.  Don't think that is happening.
Were there payments after the company was bought out?
Interesting information.     
Looks like your client had a taken a loan out of his retirement account through his employer.  Client no longer works for that employer would be my understanding of why 1099-R code 1M is issued which... See more...
Looks like your client had a taken a loan out of his retirement account through his employer.  Client no longer works for that employer would be my understanding of why 1099-R code 1M is issued which makes the distribution (loan) taxable.  
Favorite voice mail from yesterday..... client that took his business to a younger preparer (he wanted someone that would be in business longer than me because I'm you know...old) wants me to review ... See more...
Favorite voice mail from yesterday..... client that took his business to a younger preparer (he wanted someone that would be in business longer than me because I'm you know...old) wants me to review his return.  Didn't like the results..................hahahahahahahahaha         
    Can't listen to this.  My self-esteem is being damaged.  
This makes me happy....   Form 941 has been reduced from three pages to two pages I don't even think about preparing 941s until at least April 18th.   
I always check irs.gov for current mailing addresses. I'm not confident in ProSeries accuracy.
Is the $200 the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit - F8880   ???
You're welcome
Your clients' names are visible in your post.
Select Sched D > Select Quickzoom to 1099-B worksheet
Wasn't the rule:   Not eligible if can be claimed as a dependent
Well that is a nice feature to have!  ProSeries doesn't have a 'by return printing suppression'.           We have options which affect all returns.     Or Print Preview and deselect the form (each t... See more...
Well that is a nice feature to have!  ProSeries doesn't have a 'by return printing suppression'.           We have options which affect all returns.     Or Print Preview and deselect the form (each time you print).