dkh's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dkh's Posts

You're welcome. Our job would be easier if clients would only move on Jan 1st.......lol
Student Info Worksheet, Part V, Line 7   ?????
You have that option. You can choose Paid Preparer Code, Paid Preparer Name, Firm Name.... plus more
I agree with depreciating as Land improvements
Also.... do you print all the worksheets with your client's tax return copy?  The Qualified Dividends / Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is probably in your client's paperwork.   It shows the detail of how... See more...
Also.... do you print all the worksheets with your client's tax return copy?  The Qualified Dividends / Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is probably in your client's paperwork.   It shows the detail of how tax was calculated.
Go to line 16 click on the magnifying glass  - it will take you to the 1040 worksheet line 16 - right above line 16 is a Tax Smart Worksheet which indicates how the tax was calculated.    Is  Line1 T... See more...
Go to line 16 click on the magnifying glass  - it will take you to the 1040 worksheet line 16 - right above line 16 is a Tax Smart Worksheet which indicates how the tax was calculated.    Is  Line1 Tax Table box checked or Line 4 Qualified Div / Capital Gains box checked  or something else ??
You're welcome.   
Go to line 36 on Form1040, click the magnifying glass - takes you to 1040worksheet line 36, click on magnifying glass again - takes you to Overpayment Application Options -  line 2 b is Apply All
You're worried total sales are less than the 1099-K.......So this restaurant only accepts Debit/Credit cards - never has sales paid by cash or check ?? 
Have you tried entering zero in unpopulated boxes ?  Maybe the program is expecting some type of entry.
You'd file a part-year resident NC and part-year resident SC.   Allocate income according to what was earned while living in each respective state including the sale of the house.   Bottom of Federal... See more...
You'd file a part-year resident NC and part-year resident SC.   Allocate income according to what was earned while living in each respective state including the sale of the house.   Bottom of Federal Information Worksheet has the allocation worksheets. NC / SC are reciprocal states (correct?).  So the SC residency working in NC has reciprocity. 
Enter 1099R as received including the distribution code 1 - scroll down then to section for entering Rollover information
I blame the new W4s.    Employees that have not had to complete a new W4 for 5+ years are baffled by the current four page W4.   Many of them want to know where to put the number of children they wan... See more...
I blame the new W4s.    Employees that have not had to complete a new W4 for 5+ years are baffled by the current four page W4.   Many of them want to know where to put the number of children they want to claim.   Claiming dependents on Step 3 of W4  does not produce the tax withholding outcome many actually want .      
See Lisa's answer to your other post https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/my-client-purchased-a-ford-f-250-for-60-000-in-2022-for-100/00/258125  
Is this the first year for the 1120?    Yes - How long ago was the 8832 filed ?    Probably will need to mail it.   
@dascpa  Weird how covid works....some get it some don't.  Glad you were a "don't". When the family is making plans for special events they roll their eyes when I say..... "Not during tax season"  ... See more...
@dascpa  Weird how covid works....some get it some don't.  Glad you were a "don't". When the family is making plans for special events they roll their eyes when I say..... "Not during tax season"        Like they haven't heard that a thousand times.
Best of luck with your fur buddy.   Glad you both made it through covid.
No depreciation. IRS rules - date purchased or date placed in service whichever is latest.    
Address on W2 doesn't matter.  What matters is where the client lived.  Yes, client will most likely owe to Connecticut and get a refund from Maryland.      If this client is still employed by same c... See more...
Address on W2 doesn't matter.  What matters is where the client lived.  Yes, client will most likely owe to Connecticut and get a refund from Maryland.      If this client is still employed by same company, hopefully they have changed address and state withholding.     
I've discovered opening the 2019 tax program (after several months of not being in that program) will almost certainly require me to change my password.      Makes me want to scream.