dkh's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dkh's Posts

Are you sure your clients doesn't have some identity theft issue happening ?    Curious how PS support can see it was efiled but you don't.     Do you have an efile acknowledgement ?
What about the Taxpayer Advocate Service ? 
@abctax55   ooohhhhh  I'm so jealous.   
I'm curious about this also.   I worry that Intuit will end ProSeries Professional and make us move to ProConnect.    
Occassionally, I have a client that is convinced they can deduct some business expense that just isn't allowable.  Like the new clothesline posts because they dry their work clothes on the line.....s... See more...
Occassionally, I have a client that is convinced they can deduct some business expense that just isn't allowable.  Like the new clothesline posts because they dry their work clothes on the line.....sigh.                I tell them sorry but not happening on the return I prepare for you.    Let them take their business somewhere else. I don't even deduct my 'mental health chocolate'.
I always use $0 as a basis
Wasn't that the goal with eliminating exemptions, higher standard deduction, new W4 and withholding tables ?  In my area (RV industry), lots of people supplement their income with 1099 side jobs.  E... See more...
Wasn't that the goal with eliminating exemptions, higher standard deduction, new W4 and withholding tables ?  In my area (RV industry), lots of people supplement their income with 1099 side jobs.  Eats into that refund.   
You reported your income twice: once on  F1065 and again on F1040 Schedule C  and you ask if you should Just Not Worry About It ??        Sure - don't worry about it.   Edit:  I missed the 'extensi... See more...
You reported your income twice: once on  F1065 and again on F1040 Schedule C  and you ask if you should Just Not Worry About It ??        Sure - don't worry about it.   Edit:  I missed the 'extension' in the question.  So only reported income once?   However, you can't ignore filing a 1065 return if IRS is expecting one.   CP575A letter indicates what type of return IRS expects to be filed for the EIN issued.  
No vacation but I can leave the office by 5pm and not return until 8am.  Looking forward to that.
code 6 is 1035 exchange    not 1031 exchange     and should be non taxable
I deduct clients mileage for rentals
Said many times that after I retire, I'm going to write a book about my tax prep business experiences.     
@Skylane    please tell me you are filing an extension for that client
@BobKamman wrote: . But the federal agency argues that accepting cash is costly and time-consuming.   Harder to track people if paying in cash.  (oooh does that sound paranoid?) Cash is safer... See more...
@BobKamman wrote: . But the federal agency argues that accepting cash is costly and time-consuming.   Harder to track people if paying in cash.  (oooh does that sound paranoid?) Cash is safer for employees - no robberies.    Also, no employees stealing cash.
@taxes96786  I went back and forth from my HomeBase view to EF center.  Each time in EF Center I closed the ESignature screen.  After approximately 10 times I got a pop up question asking if I want t... See more...
@taxes96786  I went back and forth from my HomeBase view to EF center.  Each time in EF Center I closed the ESignature screen.  After approximately 10 times I got a pop up question asking if I want to keep it closed.    Silly to have to play that game but it does work.
Can't taxpayer just mail in payments if online limit is two payments and they need to make more ?  
I went back and forth repeatedly from my HomeBase view to EF center. Each time in EF Center I closed the ESignature screen. After approximately 10 times I got a pop up question asking if I want to kee... See more...
I went back and forth repeatedly from my HomeBase view to EF center. Each time in EF Center I closed the ESignature screen. After approximately 10 times I got a pop up question asking if I want to keep it closed. Silly to have to play that game but it does work.
How about that..........learned something new today. Would think they'd accept as many payments as a taxpayer is willing to send.
@jeanmarc   So everything is working correctly ? refund amount is correct for the $1480 wages ?