robinkurtz-tax's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robinkurtz-tax's Posts

I have a 1099R that box2a, taxable amount, is more than box 1, gross distribution. Insurance company is saying a loan was taken and not paid back and the taxable amount includes the unpaid portion . ... See more...
I have a 1099R that box2a, taxable amount, is more than box 1, gross distribution. Insurance company is saying a loan was taken and not paid back and the taxable amount includes the unpaid portion . Error is saying box 2a can not be more than box 1. How do I get this error to go away. Did the insurance company fill the 1099R out incorrectly?
Thanks Bob.  They did file a joint return so I think the surviving spouse needs to repay.  (this was the first program where the repayment time covered 15 years).  She has repaid $500 each year since... See more...
Thanks Bob.  They did file a joint return so I think the surviving spouse needs to repay.  (this was the first program where the repayment time covered 15 years).  She has repaid $500 each year since his death, not half.  I didn't do the math yet, but could she possibly be paid in full if $250 should have been forgiven for the deceased TP?