AndyG's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AndyG's Posts

I have one individual 2021 amended return to file and one individual 2021 original (late) return to file. IRS efile opens 1/23/23, but can they be submitted through Intui and Intuit will hold it unt... See more...
 I have one individual 2021 amended return to file and one individual 2021 original (late) return to file. IRS efile opens 1/23/23, but can they be submitted through Intui and Intuit will hold it until the 23rd? If so, any advantage to doing that? Will the state return (California) be submitted at the same time? Thanks in advance  
Similar question for a TP who is filing an original 1021 1040/540 with amounts due of $722 federal/$1429 state. Paper or efile? If wait until efile--Pay now? Thanks
25-50 individual returns and 3-10 business returns a year are filed
Obviously my entire question and problem did not get posted. Sorry about that--but it was resolved I hope.  
Thanks George--I appreciate it--especially your closing line. It is as I thought--about the 403B Andy
Client took two early distributions of $12700 (Code 1) and $194 (Code 1B) from a 403b to pay for son's tuition 2019-20 school year. They are paying $1580/mo (10 month payment arrangement) starting in... See more...
Client took two early distributions of $12700 (Code 1) and $194 (Code 1B) from a 403b to pay for son's tuition 2019-20 school year. They are paying $1580/mo (10 month payment arrangement) starting in 8/2019. The 1098T from the University they shows $26978 in Box 1, and $14750 in box 5.  1) What amount should be shown for education credit - actual amount they paid toward tuition (5x 1580= 7900) or the full amount of $15800 or Box 1 - Box 5 (26978-14750=12228? 2) Since the distribution from 503b was for tuition (federal and state taxes were withheld), is the distribution fully taxable as shown in box 2a? Thanks in advance--this is my first time encountering this discrepancy.  
I think the other option is to file an amended return when SSA 1099 for 2020 is received?
Thanks, again! I do have a lot of the IRS subscriptions - but not all---and often, being a one-person office, I end up with a backlog--especially during tax season. I'll review all of these--and try... See more...
Thanks, again! I do have a lot of the IRS subscriptions - but not all---and often, being a one-person office, I end up with a backlog--especially during tax season. I'll review all of these--and try and keep up!   
Thanks so much! This is what I had thought and communicated to him--but wanted to get other thoughts as well-- Was the lodging element part of recent changes? I knew there had been major changes in ... See more...
Thanks so much! This is what I had thought and communicated to him--but wanted to get other thoughts as well-- Was the lodging element part of recent changes? I knew there had been major changes in meels and entertainment.  
I would like to get further opinions: In terms of travel expenses for a Schedule C--can a client claim the CONUS per diem amount for lodging for a trip if not a government employee? Or does it have ... See more...
I would like to get further opinions: In terms of travel expenses for a Schedule C--can a client claim the CONUS per diem amount for lodging for a trip if not a government employee? Or does it have to be actual expenses at a hotel or BnB? Or 0 if staying at a friend's home or reimbursed? I know that meal per diems can be included at the 50% rate. The client (in the performing arts), has heard differing opinions from different sources!  Thanks in advance.
Where do I enter information from a 1099 S onto a Form 1041?