Cindy's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cindy's Posts

Tax person receives a pension from Switzerland is this reported on a US Tax Return? If so, where do I insert the entry?
abctax55,   Thank you for your response.   Sincerely,   Cindy
If a person receives a 1099S for the sale of his personal residence do I include the payoff amount as part of his selling expenses? Sincerely,   Cindy
Marc.Tax Man, I will ask them if they received the form 5498 since they failed to bring that with them. Wow, all of you are just so helpful. I just want to do what's correct for the client. It's a who... See more...
Marc.Tax Man, I will ask them if they received the form 5498 since they failed to bring that with them. Wow, all of you are just so helpful. I just want to do what's correct for the client. It's a whole year of social security. They just will need this in the near future. Thank you so much for your feedback. Sincerely, Cindy
Just Lisa Now, Thank you again for your wisdom and advice. You are more than likely correct I did send the client home with homework on this issue. I will give the client a couple of days than take y... See more...
Just Lisa Now, Thank you again for your wisdom and advice. You are more than likely correct I did send the client home with homework on this issue. I will give the client a couple of days than take your advice.  Sincerely, Cindy
Just Lisa Now, the IRA was taken out and sent to a Charles Schwab account where it is buying and selling stocks. The client can not remember very much if the check was sent to him or straight to Charl... See more...
Just Lisa Now, the IRA was taken out and sent to a Charles Schwab account where it is buying and selling stocks. The client can not remember very much if the check was sent to him or straight to Charles Schwab. The one statement that was brought for some time during the year does not match the distribution is is much less. Thank you for replying best to you.
Jim, Thank you for that answer. Yes, I do have it ready if it was rolled over, but I want to be really sure that it was. The clients do not need more heartaches at this time. Not a good time for th... See more...
Jim, Thank you for that answer. Yes, I do have it ready if it was rolled over, but I want to be really sure that it was. The clients do not need more heartaches at this time. Not a good time for their family. Marc.TaxMan, maybe it was rolled over, but will not know until the paperwork comes in. The clients are pretty sharp, just a lot of things have been happening. Prayers would be nice all around. Sincerely, Cindy