david3's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

david3's Posts

Thanks, Lisa. I saw that. However, I thought that even though forms weren't ready for print, that you could still select the form but it was marked as not ready. I thought I might have done somethi... See more...
Thanks, Lisa. I saw that. However, I thought that even though forms weren't ready for print, that you could still select the form but it was marked as not ready. I thought I might have done something wrong. 🙂 Thanks, again.
I have updated my PS software and Colorado doesn't appear as an option to select for the 1120S return.  If I recall correctly, in the past if forms were not final at least we were able to select the... See more...
I have updated my PS software and Colorado doesn't appear as an option to select for the 1120S return.  If I recall correctly, in the past if forms were not final at least we were able to select the state and work on the state return. The forms would indicate that they weren't final and couldn't be e-filed. Do I have to do anything different this year to be able to work on a state tax return? Thank you.  
I have followed the training video steps 4 times trying to set up exporting PS invoices to QB and each time PS crashes. I am using Windows 11 and QB Desktop 2023. After I go to Tools, QuickBooks Bi... See more...
I have followed the training video steps 4 times trying to set up exporting PS invoices to QB and each time PS crashes. I am using Windows 11 and QB Desktop 2023. After I go to Tools, QuickBooks Billing/Customer Update, Set Preferences and select the location of my QB file, PS disappears. Is the video not correct and there is another way to set up exporting PS invoices to QB? Thanks for your help.  
I'm dreading new clients trying to use Link this year. Every year we have clients who can't access link because they may have used TurboTax many years ago and don't remember their password. I haven... See more...
I'm dreading new clients trying to use Link this year. Every year we have clients who can't access link because they may have used TurboTax many years ago and don't remember their password. I haven't seen anything that indicates Intuit has finally provided an easy way for clients to reset their password. This should be an easy fix. Is anyone aware of Intuit fixing this problem? Or will we have to tell clients,who can't access Link, to use old school paper method to submit their tax information? Thanks for your help.
It seems as though I have to re-invite existing clients to link every year in order for their prior year documents to appear in the requests. If I don't re-invite the existing clients, then nothing a... See more...
It seems as though I have to re-invite existing clients to link every year in order for their prior year documents to appear in the requests. If I don't re-invite the existing clients, then nothing appears in their current year (2022) information. The clients like using their prior year documents as a guide for gathering their current year information. I usually transfer clients to the current year program after they send me their tax information. If I have to transfer all prior year clients so I can invite them to link, then the Homebase will include clients that may not return.  Before I waste time re-inviting all clients to Link, is there a simple way to have the client's 2021 documents/information appear in their 2022 Link information? I would think Link should automatically transfer the prior year information since it shows the 2022 drop down for the client. Thanks for your help.  
I, too, can't find the calculation for Form 1120 late payment penalty and interest. Unlike the Late Penalty form for a 1040, PS doesn't appear to have a late penalty form for form 1120. Has anyone f... See more...
I, too, can't find the calculation for Form 1120 late payment penalty and interest. Unlike the Late Penalty form for a 1040, PS doesn't appear to have a late penalty form for form 1120. Has anyone found the form that does the calculation and prints it at the bottom of Form 1120? Thanks.
Thanks, Jeff.
Jeff, I just tried that but line 17a doesn't allow any entries. The result comes from the line 17a Recapture of Other Credits Smart Worksheet and F 8828 isn't one of the entry lines. If I override l... See more...
Jeff, I just tried that but line 17a doesn't allow any entries. The result comes from the line 17a Recapture of Other Credits Smart Worksheet and F 8828 isn't one of the entry lines. If I override line 17a then I still won't be able to e-file because there will be an e-file error. If I uncheck the e-file check errors box will I be able to e-file with the overridden entry? If not, how did you get it to work? Thanks.
Every time I close a tax return in PS 21 I get the Homebase message that says I've made changes in the current view and it asks if I want to save the changes or not. This happens no matter if I am in... See more...
Every time I close a tax return in PS 21 I get the Homebase message that says I've made changes in the current view and it asks if I want to save the changes or not. This happens no matter if I am in the 1040 section or EF section. I haven't made any Homebase view changes. After many times checking the do not save button, I finally clicked to save the changes. However, when I close a tax return I still get that message. Does anyone know why I'm getting those aggravating messages and what I need to do to get rid of them? Thanks.
That worked! That's strange. I've used e-Signature for two years and that never happened - the email addresses were already populated. Thanks so much!
I can get to the email page of e-signature but the Next button is grayed out. I have shut down PS and restarted the server but the problem continues. It worked fine this morning. Does anyone know ho... See more...
I can get to the email page of e-signature but the Next button is grayed out. I have shut down PS and restarted the server but the problem continues. It worked fine this morning. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
That worked! Thank you. I don't understand why the PS instructions don't say to enter it that way. When I followed the PS instructions, the type of activity changed from "Nonpassive" to "Former" aft... See more...
That worked! Thank you. I don't understand why the PS instructions don't say to enter it that way. When I followed the PS instructions, the type of activity changed from "Nonpassive" to "Former" after I entered the loss carryforward on the K-1 worksheet in Section A column b. All the information is available for PS to track the loss carryforward and to report the PYA correctly on Sch E pg 2. I don't understand why we have to spend so much time figuring work arounds to properly report basis limitation. Oh well, I'm done griping. I know it won't change anything but I feel better. Thanks for your help.
Client had S Corp basis limitation in 2020 and the loss is allowed in 2021. When I click PYA on Sch E and enter the loss carryforward, the current year profit and the offsetting loss allowed appear i... See more...
Client had S Corp basis limitation in 2020 and the loss is allowed in 2021. When I click PYA on Sch E and enter the loss carryforward, the current year profit and the offsetting loss allowed appear in the Passive section of Sch E pg 2. The business is a non-passive business. I followed the instructions from another answer that said to enter the loss carryforward in Section A column B.  How do I get the income and the offsetting loss to appear in the passive section of Sch E p2?  
Since we aren't getting any guidance on how to enter the 80% NOL limitation, how have those of you who have this issue in 2021 entering the correct information? What forms and line numbers are you c... See more...
Since we aren't getting any guidance on how to enter the 80% NOL limitation, how have those of you who have this issue in 2021 entering the correct information? What forms and line numbers are you changing to report the 2021 NOL correctly? I have a 2020 NOL carryforward and a 2021 NOL.  Other than overriding and creating e-file problems, what is the best way to report this in PS? Thanks.
Has anyone figured a way to incorporate the 80% NOL limitation for 2021 in the PS program? Client has a 2020 NOL carryforward and an NOL in 2021. Are both year NOLs limited to 80% of taxable income ... See more...
Has anyone figured a way to incorporate the 80% NOL limitation for 2021 in the PS program? Client has a 2020 NOL carryforward and an NOL in 2021. Are both year NOLs limited to 80% of taxable income before the NOL amounts?  How do we report this within PS so that there are no errors or e-file issues?
Thank you. That worked.
I am getting an error indicating I need to mark either a formal note or an open account debt in Part II Section A on the shareholder stock and debt basis limitation worksheet. The shareholder has st... See more...
I am getting an error indicating I need to mark either a formal note or an open account debt in Part II Section A on the shareholder stock and debt basis limitation worksheet. The shareholder has stock basis, even after deducting a huge loss, and he has no debt basis. I entered zeroes for the loan balances in Section A and zeroes for the debt basis in Section B hoping that would get rid of the error. The error still appears. Why is PS requiring one of the debt boxes to be checked when there is no debt?  What do I need to do to get rid of the error, other than checking the open account debt box?
Decedent passed away in early February 2021. 3 social security payments are reported on the decedent's SSA-1099. However, 2 of the payments were debited from the decedent's bank account and a letter ... See more...
Decedent passed away in early February 2021. 3 social security payments are reported on the decedent's SSA-1099. However, 2 of the payments were debited from the decedent's bank account and a letter sent to the personal representative explaining why the account was being debited. The SSA did not issue a corrected SSA-1099 to show only 1 payment. I don't see a place in PS to adjust the amount reported on the SSA-1099. How do I adjust the amount to be reported on the decedent's 1040. His other income causes any social security income to be taxed. Thank you.
Thanks, Lisa. I guess I'll send the amended returns old school to the client for signatures. Thanks for the tip to unmark e-file for the copy that's not being filed. That got rid of the duplicate S... See more...
Thanks, Lisa. I guess I'll send the amended returns old school to the client for signatures. Thanks for the tip to unmark e-file for the copy that's not being filed. That got rid of the duplicate SSN message.
Thank you, Lisa.  I read your response. I too followed the PS instructions and saved a copy. I only saw this thread after I started seeing things that don't look correct after I amended returns foll... See more...
Thank you, Lisa.  I read your response. I too followed the PS instructions and saved a copy. I only saw this thread after I started seeing things that don't look correct after I amended returns following the PS instructions. I made the amended changes per the PS instructions and, as you suggested, in the original file for both the federal and Colorado returns. The amended return displays as Federal amended and CO amended in the Pending EF Center Return Type. However, the EF Center shows the eSignature Status as completed and the Amended Return column shows "Marked for EF". However, the original saved copy also appears in the Pending tab of the EF Center and the eSignature Status says "Not Started"  and allows me to request eSignature. This seems backwards since the request eSignature option isn't allowed for the amended returns. The eSignature status for the saved copy says "Not Started". The Return column also says "Marked for EF".  Are we not allowed to send amended returns for eSignature? If we are able to then how do we do that since the "Request" option isn't available? Also, the EF Status for the copy file and the amended returns shows "Duplicate SSN/EIN". I remember that I wasn't able to e-file returns in the past when duplicate SSNs were shown. Will I have a problem e-filing the amended returns with the duplicate SSN? Thank you for your help.