catbrenner's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catbrenner's Posts

Preparing tax return; used the filing set up documents as a guide. Sorry for confusion. Because it is a farm activity (egg production),the IRS regs. indicate to File the LLC on Schedule F, not Sched... See more...
Preparing tax return; used the filing set up documents as a guide. Sorry for confusion. Because it is a farm activity (egg production),the IRS regs. indicate to File the LLC on Schedule F, not Schedule C. Software is accepting the SAIC code 112310 now. Thank you so very much for replying!
BTW, I can live without the 2019 comparison to 2020. It's just nice for client to have it on one page without having to go back to their 2019 return for those numbers. Again, I sincerely appreciate y... See more...
BTW, I can live without the 2019 comparison to 2020. It's just nice for client to have it on one page without having to go back to their 2019 return for those numbers. Again, I sincerely appreciate your time and responses.  Thanks you.
Thanks, again, George. I did that and the states I don't want for 2020 are still showing up and the new states for 2020 that I added are not. I'm thinking there's a glitch in the software. For a seco... See more...
Thanks, again, George. I did that and the states I don't want for 2020 are still showing up and the new states for 2020 that I added are not. I'm thinking there's a glitch in the software. For a second time now, I deleted the return and started from scratch on new one, but it doesn't show the comparison of 2020 to 2019. I've also taken the 2019 and created another new one for 2020, deleted all the states (trash can at end of line) and re-entered everything new and the 2019 states show and the 2020 states do not. I'm calling Intuit tomorrow morning. I really think there is another issue here. Thank you so very much for your assistance.
Thanks for your reply. No, actually it's the other way. Did the 2019 return and filed it. Created new 2020 return, rolling info from 2019 into 2020. Now, can't get certain 2019 state info out of the ... See more...
Thanks for your reply. No, actually it's the other way. Did the 2019 return and filed it. Created new 2020 return, rolling info from 2019 into 2020. Now, can't get certain 2019 state info out of the return. One thing different this year is employer used a different EIN number for 2020 than was used in 2019. Could this create an issue with the state info? 
Entered state info for 2020. Checked return
Thanks for your reply and the link. No. Only works for this company.
Texas taxpayer. Received 1099-NEC with no income tax withheld and amount shown in Box 1 as Nonemployee Compensation. I believe taxpayer is an employee and not a contractor. If filed as "Uncollected S... See more...
Texas taxpayer. Received 1099-NEC with no income tax withheld and amount shown in Box 1 as Nonemployee Compensation. I believe taxpayer is an employee and not a contractor. If filed as "Uncollected Social Security and Medicare tax on wages," it calculates and taxpayer owes, which I believe is the correct filing. However, if calculated under "Form 1099-MISC/NEC, Nonemployee Compensation" a critical error message is received that income, etc. must be entered and I won't be able to file return. I don't really know the true agreement between employer/employee, but believe employer is using nonemployee incorrectly since taxpayer works in employer office, uses employer computer, and probably works a standard business day at direction of employer. How should I handle?
Thank you, Lisa. That's where I recorded it. First time I've had one and want to be certain I'm entering it properly.