Tiger5's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiger5's Posts

I prepared a new client with 3 W-2 and one of the W-2 was her husbands. When i went to add another W-2 after adding the tax payers and went to add the husband I failed to check spouse W-2 on the work... See more...
I prepared a new client with 3 W-2 and one of the W-2 was her husbands. When i went to add another W-2 after adding the tax payers and went to add the husband I failed to check spouse W-2 on the worksheet and I summited to efile. So all 3 W-2 had her name when I efiled, do I need to do an amendment to correct? The tax return was accepted.    Thank you in advance
Thank you so much for your help
So the only way would be to amend MFJ to MFS and then do her schedule C on a MFS return. 
yes, but she wants to do her schedule C separate from his W-2 wages. She wants to keep her business income separate. 
I need some advise. I have a customer that I am filing a sole proprietor schedule C. She is married so I put Married filing separate. Her husband filed there taxes as Married filing Joint. Proseriou... See more...
I need some advise. I have a customer that I am filing a sole proprietor schedule C. She is married so I put Married filing separate. Her husband filed there taxes as Married filing Joint. Proserious rejected her return because it say's her name and SS# was used on another return. Is there another way for me to file her return or does her husband have to amend his return so i can resubmit hers? Thank you in advance
is there a certain form i should claim this credit on? should it be on the itemized deduction? 
I have read on this and she doesn't have to report this on her tax return. Roth IRA are funded after tax dollars, means she pays the taxes as she deposits the money into the account, so when she is a... See more...
I have read on this and she doesn't have to report this on her tax return. Roth IRA are funded after tax dollars, means she pays the taxes as she deposits the money into the account, so when she is able she can withdrawal tax free if she qualifies to the RMD rules. Roth contributions aren't tax deductible, and qualified distributions aren't tax income.   thank you 🙂
my client received this for her taxes (below). She puts money in this IRA with her self employment salary and say's she told the bank she would like to pay the taxes every year. Is there a certain pl... See more...
my client received this for her taxes (below). She puts money in this IRA with her self employment salary and say's she told the bank she would like to pay the taxes every year. Is there a certain place I need to add this? Do I need to remove this from her total income? How is she to pay the taxes on this or do I even need to add this?
I have a customer that has a letter received that is a repayment of STD. Where is the proper place to add this to? 
on the first link you have see rule 4, it states if you are filing joint with a US Citizen you can, am i reading that wrong?  does this also apply for the child & care credit? 
I have a tax client that is a US citizen and is married to a non-resident alien with a ITIN number. They have a child (US citizen). They are not receiving the EIC nor the child & dependent care credi... See more...
I have a tax client that is a US citizen and is married to a non-resident alien with a ITIN number. They have a child (US citizen). They are not receiving the EIC nor the child & dependent care credit, its calculating zero for the credit?  They are filing Married filing Joint but the husband doesn't work only the wife. The AGI is 51,916, so it within the range. I looked it up (see below) and its ProSeries is not calculating?  U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien To claim the EITC, you and your spouse (if filing jointly) must be U.S. citizens or resident aliens. If you or your spouse were a nonresident alien for any part of the tax year, you can only claim the EITC if your filing status is married filing jointly and you or your spouse is a: U.S. Citizen with a valid Social Security number or Resident alien who was in the U.S. at least 6 months of the year you’re filing for and has a valid Social Security number      
      This is were i saw the 51%
Thank you all 
I have a new client that is suppose to get a 8332 form from her ex-husband. The husband says he is not signing anything but allowing her (non-custodial parent) claim one of the children this year. in... See more...
I have a new client that is suppose to get a 8332 form from her ex-husband. The husband says he is not signing anything but allowing her (non-custodial parent) claim one of the children this year. in her past returns it has HOH on there but as I was reading that in order to claim the HOH in a divorce situation is if they life 51% of the time with custodial parent and 51% of the time with the non-custodial parent. The non-custodial parent only gets visitation every other week and she pays child support for her kids.  Should i add the form 8332 on the tax return? can she claim HOH or should i change it to single? Can i do the HOH and fill in the child's name below as non dependent? on the dependent information : what would be the correct way to fill out the EIC, lived with taxpayer, (L) dependent lived with client or (Q) non dependent?     
she showed me the tiktoks she was looking at and it was the EIC. but in Spanish they kept saying its the workers credit 🤔.  thank you all for your help and time,
thank you all . greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure what she is talking about then. 
is saying employees with dependents?
thank you for clarifying, I greatly appreciate it.  This customer is a 1040 with 1 w-2 and she is stating that there is a credit for workers? I only see ERC which is for the employers not employees?... See more...
thank you for clarifying, I greatly appreciate it.  This customer is a 1040 with 1 w-2 and she is stating that there is a credit for workers? I only see ERC which is for the employers not employees?  
ERC is for employers not individuals.  What doe you mean by NMI? and what do you mean "Tax software is no substitute for a good tax professional"? 
My client is saying there is some kind of workers credit for the tax year 2022. I don't seem to find anything on my Pro series program or on the IRS website.