ataloma's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ataloma's Posts

When business closed various equipment were either abandoned in the store or not working and were fully depreciated. Do I need to report in Form 4797 with $30,000 costs, $30,000 accumulated depreciat... See more...
When business closed various equipment were either abandoned in the store or not working and were fully depreciated. Do I need to report in Form 4797 with $30,000 costs, $30,000 accumulated depreciation and zero gain/loss? Can I just group the assets in one amount instead of listing 5 assets? When business closed should I show ending inventory as zero and inventory kept by owner should reduce purchases. How about if there were no more purchases because the business decided to close, can I have a negative purchases shown in the tax return? Thanks.    
Thanks for your reply! The info was reported on Form 4797, line 2, Part I, and the loss is carried over to Line 11. I think that's right. The loss did not show on Line 10.
Leasehold improvements has cost of $19,000 and accumulated depreciation of  $11,000. Also where do I put the accumulated depreciation in Form 4797? Balance should be ordinary loss, right? Thanks for y... See more...
Leasehold improvements has cost of $19,000 and accumulated depreciation of  $11,000. Also where do I put the accumulated depreciation in Form 4797? Balance should be ordinary loss, right? Thanks for your reply.