NJ_EA's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ_EA's Posts

When I go to Pay Per Return, it does not show saved payment methods, so I have to re-enter my credit card information every time. I am the sole Administrator with full permissions and I verified paym... See more...
When I go to Pay Per Return, it does not show saved payment methods, so I have to re-enter my credit card information every time. I am the sole Administrator with full permissions and I verified payment methods are saved in my account online
Filed NJ-1041 on Sunday 4/16 and as of today 4/21 it still shows "sent to State".  What worries me is I scheduled withdrawal of significant NJ tax due on Monday 4/17 and client verified money has not... See more...
Filed NJ-1041 on Sunday 4/16 and as of today 4/21 it still shows "sent to State".  What worries me is I scheduled withdrawal of significant NJ tax due on Monday 4/17 and client verified money has not been withdrawn.  Is this a NJ issue or a ProSeries issue, and is there anything I can do?
A friend of a friend who works for Intuit told me they intentionally make it difficult to make PPR payments because Intuit has to a pay a fee to the bank for each individual transaction, so they want... See more...
A friend of a friend who works for Intuit told me they intentionally make it difficult to make PPR payments because Intuit has to a pay a fee to the bank for each individual transaction, so they want to encourage preparers to make one large deposit and work off that. I did that a few years ago and Intuit refused to refund the balance after tax season, so now I just do as many small transactions as it takes, and I take comfort in the fact that Intuit has to pay higher fees for making this process as inconvenient as possible.
ProSeries is not handling this correctly at all.  The question in the software asks if you were a homeowner on 10/1/22 and are eligible and file for a 2022 Homestead Benefit.  But the $50 credit has ... See more...
ProSeries is not handling this correctly at all.  The question in the software asks if you were a homeowner on 10/1/22 and are eligible and file for a 2022 Homestead Benefit.  But the $50 credit has nothing to do with the Homestead Benefit, which no longer exists (replaced by the Anchor Credit) and even when it did exist, only applied to residents who owned their homes 3 years prior.
I have had the same problem since last year, I wish I could tell you there's a solution, but there's not.  I've spoken with and chatted with support, and they've reluctantly admitted that the new fea... See more...
I have had the same problem since last year, I wish I could tell you there's a solution, but there's not.  I've spoken with and chatted with support, and they've reluctantly admitted that the new feature doesn't allow for credit cards to be saved.  They didn't say this, but I'm guessing they want to make it difficult so we'll upgrade to a more expensive package.
After nearly a year, Intuit still hasn't fixed this problem.  My only guess is they want to make PPR as difficult as possible so we will buy an upgraded version
Sorry, I shouldn't have used the term carryover or carry forward, that was misleading - let me explain it another way: Client has a $35,000 rental loss.  Client is not a real estate pro, so he can o... See more...
Sorry, I shouldn't have used the term carryover or carry forward, that was misleading - let me explain it another way: Client has a $35,000 rental loss.  Client is not a real estate pro, so he can only deduct $25,000 of the loss.  ProSeries correctly shows a $25,000 loss on Part III of 8582, but incorrectly shows a $35,000 loss on page 1.  This is a 1041 return, first year, so no carryover issues, and no other passive income.
I'm having the same problem, ProSeries is incorrectly carrying forward the entire loss rather than the $25,000 limitation.  Did you ever figure out how to correct this?
That's funny, I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason. After experimenting with Drake this season, I can say that Pro Series overall is the better program, more intuitive and user frien... See more...
That's funny, I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason. After experimenting with Drake this season, I can say that Pro Series overall is the better program, more intuitive and user friendly, but I don't think it's worth nearly 3x the price of Drake, and Drake's support alone is worth considering a switch. 
It does, but it still requires an acquisition date.  I suppose I could throw in any dates to show lump sum short and long term gains/losses, the end result would be the same, but I hate putting in ma... See more...
It does, but it still requires an acquisition date.  I suppose I could throw in any dates to show lump sum short and long term gains/losses, the end result would be the same, but I hate putting in made-up dates, especially here, for a $10m PF where the 990s will be available for public inspection
Our Private Foundation reports hundreds of stock sales every year.  Up until 2020, I was able to enter total lump sum totals of the gains or losses on Part IV of the 990-PF, but now the program requi... See more...
Our Private Foundation reports hundreds of stock sales every year.  Up until 2020, I was able to enter total lump sum totals of the gains or losses on Part IV of the 990-PF, but now the program requires each sale be entered - it insists that I list each acquisition and sale date, I can no longer enter "various" or leave those lines blank.  IRS permits me to show lump sum totals (pg. 22 of 990-PF instructions), why doesn't Pro Series allow it?
I did that, it doesn't work, so it's now much more time consuming and inconvenient to increase your account balance.
On page 3, Part IV of the 2020 990-PF in ProSeries, it is now required that the sale and acquisition dates be entered for every stock sale in columns (c) and (d) According to the IRS instructions, h... See more...
On page 3, Part IV of the 2020 990-PF in ProSeries, it is now required that the sale and acquisition dates be entered for every stock sale in columns (c) and (d) According to the IRS instructions, however, you are allowed to leave columns (c) and (d) blank and report lump sum figures (see page 22), so clearly, ProSeries is wrong I have over five hundred sales, how do I report the totals without reporting each individual sale?
ProSeries is not automatically carrying the $50 minimum refundable property tax credit to line 56 of NJ-1040 on returns where taking the credit is clearly more advantageous than the deduction (i.e. z... See more...
ProSeries is not automatically carrying the $50 minimum refundable property tax credit to line 56 of NJ-1040 on returns where taking the credit is clearly more advantageous than the deduction (i.e. zero taxable income); anyone else notice this?
Same here, no resolution, so I set up the estimated payments at the NJ website - not that hard and worked fine.  I have the same problems with NJ estimated payments for partnerships, apparently Pro S... See more...
Same here, no resolution, so I set up the estimated payments at the NJ website - not that hard and worked fine.  I have the same problems with NJ estimated payments for partnerships, apparently Pro Series doesn't work well with NJ
Client, US citizen, earned $50,000 while living in Austria in 2020.  She also contributed to her IRA in 2020.  If she elects to exclude her foreign earned income she will show no earned income on 104... See more...
Client, US citizen, earned $50,000 while living in Austria in 2020.  She also contributed to her IRA in 2020.  If she elects to exclude her foreign earned income she will show no earned income on 1040, which will invalidate her IRA contribution, so I want to revoke the exclusion and just take the foreign tax credit, but I can't see how to do it in ProSeries. There is nowhere I can see on 2555 worksheets to revoke the exclusion.  I could just not prepare 2555, but then she shows no earned income.  Any ideas?
Thanks but this is a personal, not a corporate return, and the error I'm getting is for the 1st quarter estimate, not the 2nd
I e-filed NJ-1040 on 4/16/20 with all boxes checked to have NJ quarterly 2020 estimates made electronically from client's bank account.  Return was initially accepted, but now I continue to get the f... See more...
I e-filed NJ-1040 on 4/16/20 with all boxes checked to have NJ quarterly 2020 estimates made electronically from client's bank account.  Return was initially accepted, but now I continue to get the following error notice: "When you E-File the estimate payment for New Jersey you must transmit as a separate transaction from the state return. You must check the state est payment E-File on the federal information worksheet to file the estimate payment. Then you do not mark the individual return for E-File on the federal information worksheet screen. After you E-File the estimate you can go back into the return and E-File the state return be sure to uncheck the estimate when doing the state return." I have gone back at least 5 times and followed these instructions to the letter, and each time the filing is initially accepted, but as soon as I log back in, I get the same error notice.  I know NJ electronic estimates are a new feature this year - anyone else have this problem?