PacoinAZ's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PacoinAZ's Posts

In the past 2-3 years, I started to wonder whether I could still consider Lacerte one of the top tax software products in the market. Its product development and improvement have been slower compared... See more...
In the past 2-3 years, I started to wonder whether I could still consider Lacerte one of the top tax software products in the market. Its product development and improvement have been slower compared to its competitors, including those that charge a fraction of its price. For example, we still have to wait about another week to e-file 2019 Form 1040X and autofill city and state when typing ZIP code is still not available in all screens and tax modules.
Beginning on August 17, 2020, you can e-file 2019 Form 1040-X (2019 only). See Lacerte 06/24/20 notification, including its FAQs.
A decedent was married and lived in a community property state. He owned both regular and Roth IRA accounts. His spouse also owns both regular and Roth IRA accounts. All accounts were funded when the... See more...
A decedent was married and lived in a community property state. He owned both regular and Roth IRA accounts. His spouse also owns both regular and Roth IRA accounts. All accounts were funded when they were married and were not inheritance or gift. My understanding is that his gross estate asset includes his IRA accounts regardless of whom their beneficiaries are. 1. Does his gross estate asset include his 50% share of the spouse’s IRA accounts if he was named as the primary beneficiary of all of his spouse’s IRA accounts? 2. Does his gross estate asset include his share of the spouse’s IRA accounts if he was named as neither the primary nor the alternate beneficiary of all of his spouse’s IRA accounts?