Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.

Pelado's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pelado's Posts

Yip.  When I look at the Oregon Carryovers on the General Info page, it shows the loss under "Unallowed Passive Losses - State Source Amounts". Thanks!
My client is a California resident with real estate holdings in New York and Oregon.  The New York activity produces more income than the Oregon property produced in loss.  On Oregon form OR-40-N, th... See more...
My client is a California resident with real estate holdings in New York and Oregon.  The New York activity produces more income than the Oregon property produced in loss.  On Oregon form OR-40-N, the federal column (F) looks fine, showing the net rental income.  On the Oregon column (S), I expected line 17S to show the rental loss from the Oregon property, but instead it's just blank.  Since this is their only Oregon activity, I expected them to be able to generate an NOL to use against future Oregon income. I went back and made sure everything for the Oregon property was assigned to Oregon (it was).  I tested the field by increasing the rents and, sure enough, line 17S populated with the (fake) income from the Oregon activity. I looked in the Oregon instructions and didn't see anything that would indicate that the field should be zero if negative.  Am I missing something?  Is it being calculated correctly?  Or do I need to do something differently to generate the loss and subsequent NOL?
Here's what worked from my discussion with Lacerte Support today: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/re-exception-ocurred-attempting-to-auto-attach-pdf-s-for-... See more...
Here's what worked from my discussion with Lacerte Support today: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/re-exception-ocurred-attempting-to-auto-attach-pdf-s-for-client/01/100385/highlight/false#M19391
I tried those potential fixes yesterday. Neither worked. After deleting the attachments, I still got the error code and the attachments (which are auto-generated) came back. In the Temp folder refe... See more...
I tried those potential fixes yesterday. Neither worked. After deleting the attachments, I still got the error code and the attachments (which are auto-generated) came back. In the Temp folder referenced in the error message, I found 20.pdf and 21.pdf, both of which related to the return in question.  I tried just making a copy of one of those and renaming it 19.pdf, but got the same message that the system couldn't find the file. I ran the PDF repair utility in the Troubleshooting screen - still didn't work. I got through to Lacerte Support today.  We went through a bunch of tests but what finally worked was going to  Settings -> Options  Under the "Program Options" section, we changed the "Auto Generate and Attach PDFs to EFiles" option to "No".  
I'm getting the following error when I attempt to electronically file an 1120S with multiple states: Exception ocurred attempting to auto-attach pdf(s) for client...Cannot open file...\AppData\Local... See more...
I'm getting the following error when I attempt to electronically file an 1120S with multiple states: Exception ocurred attempting to auto-attach pdf(s) for client...Cannot open file...\AppData\Local\Temp\19.pdf. The system cannot find the file specified I was already on the latest Lacerte version, so I reapplied the latest update.  Same error remains. Lacerte Support let me wait on hold for over an hour yesterday and apparently went home without getting me through to an agent. Any ideas?  I'd kind of like to get this return filed today.
Same here.  I called Lacerte support yesterday but I never got to speak with an agent.  I was on hold for a little over an hour when their official support hours ended, but stayed on waiting another ... See more...
Same here.  I called Lacerte support yesterday but I never got to speak with an agent.  I was on hold for a little over an hour when their official support hours ended, but stayed on waiting another 30 minutes since they periodically told me "your call is important to us"  and that an agent would be with me soon.
Did you ever find a solution?  I'm on the latest version of Lacerte.  I just reinstalled the latest update just to be sure, but it's still giving me an "Exception occurred attempting to auto-attach p... See more...
Did you ever find a solution?  I'm on the latest version of Lacerte.  I just reinstalled the latest update just to be sure, but it's still giving me an "Exception occurred attempting to auto-attach pdf(s)" error.  It says "The system cannot find the file specified".
I too am having this problem in the S-corporation module.  It says it can't find file 19.pdf in the User Temp folder on my desktop computer.  This is really annoying.  How can I fix this error so I c... See more...
I too am having this problem in the S-corporation module.  It says it can't find file 19.pdf in the User Temp folder on my desktop computer.  This is really annoying.  How can I fix this error so I can get this return efiled by the deadline tomorrow?
Yes, it was community for the first part of the year and the divorce was finalized mid-year.
If I have to file by paper, then I'll ignore the critical diagnostic of the return having to be in California, Nevada, or Washington and just fill in the former spouse information on the registered d... See more...
If I have to file by paper, then I'll ignore the critical diagnostic of the return having to be in California, Nevada, or Washington and just fill in the former spouse information on the registered domestic partner fields rather than having to write it on after the fact. It just seems really odd that this type of situation is being ignored in the software - it makes me worried that I'm missing something and/or doing it wrong.
My client got divorced in a community property state during the year.  She has a filing status of single. Pub 504 says "Each spouse is taxed on half the community income for the part of the year bef... See more...
My client got divorced in a community property state during the year.  She has a filing status of single. Pub 504 says "Each spouse is taxed on half the community income for the part of the year before the community ends".  Lacerte will produce form 8958, but since it's not MFS, it doesn't include the former spouse's name and SSN.  When I enter in the former spouse's name and SSN under the fields for registered domestic partner on screen 3.1, it produces a critical diagnostic saying that to use the registered domestic partner fields, it has to be a return from California, Nevada, or Washington (which it's not). How do I get the form 8958 to properly populate her former spouse's information? Also, how should the items of income be entered?  If I enter her former spouse's W-2 information, but only include the income and withholding allocated to her, will that cause problems in processing the returns?