mlcpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mlcpa's Posts

I noticed the taxes some of my clients owe were not withdrawn from their checking account timely. 2023 Taxes returns (Federal and States) were accepted by the end of March 2024. These e-payments we... See more...
I noticed the taxes some of my clients owe were not withdrawn from their checking account timely. 2023 Taxes returns (Federal and States) were accepted by the end of March 2024. These e-payments were supposed to be withdrawn from their checking bank accounts on April 15, 2024, or two / three days later. Today is April 18, 2024, night, and these payments are still pending to be processed. Have somebody else noticed the same problems using PTO?  
I tried to update the date only and I kept the rest of the text the same as the previous year. I retyped the letter from scratch, I tried copying and pasting from Word or Note, nothing works.
Business taxpayer get error message when accessing to Intuit Link S Corp Tax Organizer. Error "Hmm ... we couldn't find any requests." Although I recreated and resent the tax organizer several times... See more...
Business taxpayer get error message when accessing to Intuit Link S Corp Tax Organizer. Error "Hmm ... we couldn't find any requests." Although I recreated and resent the tax organizer several times, and the taxpayer tried from different computers and browsers (also using incognito window), still not working . . . same error. I checked Intuit Link on my end and the current and prior tax organizer are there. In short, taxpayer can log in but the tax organizer is missing. Any idea?
FYI. A partner is not considered an employee.     Question Are partners considered employees of a partnership or are they considered self-employed? Answer Partners in a partnership (includi... See more...
FYI. A partner is not considered an employee.     Question Are partners considered employees of a partnership or are they considered self-employed? Answer Partners in a partnership (including certain members of a limited liability company (LLC)) are considered to be self-employed, not employees, when performing services for the partnership. https://www.irs.gov/faqs/small-business-self-employed-other-business/entities/entities-1#:~:text=Are%20partners%20considered%20employees%20of,performing%20services%20for%20the%20partnership. 
Dear TaxGuyBill,      The tax treatment of fringe benefit paid to owner-employees of an “S Corp” is different form the tax treatment for other employees.      26 U.S. Code Section 1372(a) provides ... See more...
Dear TaxGuyBill,      The tax treatment of fringe benefit paid to owner-employees of an “S Corp” is different form the tax treatment for other employees.      26 U.S. Code Section 1372(a) provides that, for purposes of applying the income tax provisions of the Code relating to employee fringe benefits, an S corporation shall be treated as a partnership, and any 2-percent shareholder of the S corporation shall be treated as a partner of such partnership. In short, more-than-two-percent shareholders are treated like partners in a partnership. Interesting feedbacks but they do not address the point I'm asking. For your convenience you can check https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/1372 and then let me know. If you still understand that feedbacks are correct, I'm going to close this discussion. To All, thank you for your time and consideration.
 Dear qbteachmt (Level 13), Thank you for your feedbacks. I think you are missing at least two regulation. 1. Section 1372(a) provides that, for purposes of applying the income tax provisions of th... See more...
 Dear qbteachmt (Level 13), Thank you for your feedbacks. I think you are missing at least two regulation. 1. Section 1372(a) provides that, for purposes of applying the income tax provisions of the Code relating to employee fringe benefits, an S corporation shall be treated as a partnership, and any 2-percent shareholder of the S corporation shall be treated as a partner of such partnership. In short, more-than-two-percent shareholders are treated like partners in a partnership. 2. Qualified business use (Form 4562. Part V. Section A. Listed Property, line 26 y 27).Generally, a qualified business use is any use in your trade or business. However, it does not include: the use of the property as compensation for services performed by a 5% owner or related person.
Hello, thank you for your feedbacks. About my doubt: Section 1372(a) provides that, for purposes of applying the income tax provisions of the Code relating to employee fringe benefits, an S corpor... See more...
Hello, thank you for your feedbacks. About my doubt: Section 1372(a) provides that, for purposes of applying the income tax provisions of the Code relating to employee fringe benefits, an S corporation shall be treated as a partnership, and any 2-percent shareholder of the S corporation shall be treated as a partner of such partnership. In short, more-than-two-percent shareholders are treated like partners in a partnership. Qualified business use (Form 4562. Part V. Section A. Listed Property, line 26 y 27). Generally, a qualified business use is any use in your trade or business. However, it does not include: the use of the property as compensation for services performed by a 5% owner or related person.  
Probably I’m missing something here, but I guess there are additional costs for example SS and Medicare. But this is not my point. I'm focus on the question whether the S Corp must include always the... See more...
Probably I’m missing something here, but I guess there are additional costs for example SS and Medicare. But this is not my point. I'm focus on the question whether the S Corp must include always the benefit on Form W-2 or there are other options. My point is that personal use of a company vehicle is not qualified business use, even though the company properly reports employee-shareholder. In my example the 20% personal use of the vehicle expenses is neither tax deductible for the S Corp nor the employee-shareholder. It looks similar whether the employee-shareholder owns the vehicle and does not request expenses reimbursement from the S Corp. Nobody takes income or expenses. Thank you for sharing your point of view.  
The S Corp depreciates the vehicle and takes expenses for ONLY 80% (business use). Must the value of personal use be included on employee-shareholder’s Form W-2, Box 1?
My understanding is that AAA Sch L (balance sheet per books) not necessary must match always AAA Sch M-2. For example, ProConnect Tax is flowing Sec 179 deduction to Sch M-2 (line 5, other deductio... See more...
My understanding is that AAA Sch L (balance sheet per books) not necessary must match always AAA Sch M-2. For example, ProConnect Tax is flowing Sec 179 deduction to Sch M-2 (line 5, other deductions). In this case, final AAA M-2 (line 😎 and AAA Sch L (line 24) are not equal. One option would be to make a positive adjustment in Sch M-2 (line 3, Other additions) to neutralized, in this case, same amount Sec 179 deduction. But I am not sure this is what IRS is looking for.