Futch2010's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Futch2010's Posts

Have client whose father passed away in 2022.  He had real estate in Illinois that was used as a rental but lived in Georgia.  I'm filling out the 1041, the Georgia and Illinois fiduciary returns but... See more...
Have client whose father passed away in 2022.  He had real estate in Illinois that was used as a rental but lived in Georgia.  I'm filling out the 1041, the Georgia and Illinois fiduciary returns but I don't know how to separate the state taxes owed for the rental income received from Illinois and the interest income received from Georgia on each of the state fiduciary returns.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same scenario, and my client has less than $10K in cash/checks while having $176K in a 1099; most sales are web related. The sales tax exceeds $13K so I'm not sure how to handle this.
Client's return was e-filed yesterday and requested electronic withdrawal of payment yesterday as well.  The client states that the money has not come out of the checking account yet.  What should I ... See more...
Client's return was e-filed yesterday and requested electronic withdrawal of payment yesterday as well.  The client states that the money has not come out of the checking account yet.  What should I tell him to do at this point?  Or what is there I can do to help him?
Client has a zero value for Lines 9, 11,16,18,21,24 and 33.  Client has only Social Security for income, which is less than $25000, and has sold her home and I'm reporting that sale and the exclusion... See more...
Client has a zero value for Lines 9, 11,16,18,21,24 and 33.  Client has only Social Security for income, which is less than $25000, and has sold her home and I'm reporting that sale and the exclusion.  There is no Adjusted Income, no tax due or tax payments so ProSeries states that I can't e-file which are rules set by the IRS Electronic Tax Administration.  What reason do I put on the Form 8949?
Does anyone know when the Louisiana IT-565 form will be available?  The only form on ProSeries available for a Partnership is the CIFT-620.
Filed client return and has rejected twice for the same code IND-452 and states the primary taxpayer's ID number has already been filed.  I'm resorting to mailing the return as I don't know how else ... See more...
Filed client return and has rejected twice for the same code IND-452 and states the primary taxpayer's ID number has already been filed.  I'm resorting to mailing the return as I don't know how else to fix this return.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 
Trying to e-file client's tax return that has a Schedule K-1 from a Partnership and ProSeries is saying that the form is not finalized and not EF ready, however, according to Intuit, Schedule K-1 for... See more...
Trying to e-file client's tax return that has a Schedule K-1 from a Partnership and ProSeries is saying that the form is not finalized and not EF ready, however, according to Intuit, Schedule K-1 for Partnerships is EF ready.  Any help here would be great.  I have done several update attempts, but still the same results.
Thanks, IRonMaN!!
No data on this form. 
Form 8835 is showing for the Partnership return but is not applicable.  I try to remove this form but continues to show up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have looked at those figures on the Asset Entry Worksheet and those state amounts total the same Federal Depreciation amounts, and I know that they should be different.  Any help here would be great.
There is a state depreciation amount on the Asset Entry Worksheet for GA.  Should I use those figures for the GA depreciation amounts that should be subtracted from the GA return?  If so, do you know... See more...
There is a state depreciation amount on the Asset Entry Worksheet for GA.  Should I use those figures for the GA depreciation amounts that should be subtracted from the GA return?  If so, do you know why these amounts aren't included in the GA return like it should be?
For GA Form 600-S, directions state to add back the Federal Depreciation Adjustment and then compute GA depreciation and this amount should be subtracted on the return. Why doesn't ProSeries do this ... See more...
For GA Form 600-S, directions state to add back the Federal Depreciation Adjustment and then compute GA depreciation and this amount should be subtracted on the return. Why doesn't ProSeries do this computation?  And does anyone know how to compute the GA depreciation, as this amount is apparently different than the Federal amount.
Do you know if this information is required to be reported? I don't see any place on the Additional Information Worksheet that indicates a place to put "Noncovered Bond Premium on Tax-Exempt Bonds" n... See more...
Do you know if this information is required to be reported? I don't see any place on the Additional Information Worksheet that indicates a place to put "Noncovered Bond Premium on Tax-Exempt Bonds" nor for "Muni Accrued Interest Paid."  I have read that "Noncovered" is not reported to the IRS but need to keep up with basis.
Client has 1099-Int and within the paperwork there is an amount for "Noncovered Bond Premium on Tax-Exempt Bond" and an amount for "Muni Accrued Interest Paid."  I do not know if I need to report eit... See more...
Client has 1099-Int and within the paperwork there is an amount for "Noncovered Bond Premium on Tax-Exempt Bond" and an amount for "Muni Accrued Interest Paid."  I do not know if I need to report either of these items, and if I do, where should I report them?
I don't see a section on the W-2 Worksheet to enter the YTD Totals and correct taxable wages.  Am I missing something or are you using something other than ProSeries Basic?  Additionally, when I just... See more...
I don't see a section on the W-2 Worksheet to enter the YTD Totals and correct taxable wages.  Am I missing something or are you using something other than ProSeries Basic?  Additionally, when I just enter the W-2 with the correct wages for NC and GA, I still have to enter a GA W/H state tax ID number, which I do not have.  Then another error occurs.  Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks!
Yes, but ProSeries won't allow me to change the Source State on the part-year resident worksheet to only part of the income to GA and part to NC.  The software should use the dates to apply the ratio... See more...
Yes, but ProSeries won't allow me to change the Source State on the part-year resident worksheet to only part of the income to GA and part to NC.  The software should use the dates to apply the ratio but it isn't and I'm thinking it's because the W-2 has the entire amount of income as NC (which is the Source State), not part NC and its withholding and part GA and its withholding, like it should if the employer did it correctly.
Client worked for an employer based out of TN but lived in NC until February 2021.  Then client moved to GA, however, the employer continued withholding NC.  The state source of income is based on th... See more...
Client worked for an employer based out of TN but lived in NC until February 2021.  Then client moved to GA, however, the employer continued withholding NC.  The state source of income is based on the W-2, however, it should have been changed to GA.  Any suggestions on how to handle this particular issue?  Client is aware that he should be paying GA taxes.
According to the ProSeries Software, in 2020, the SBA EIDL should be reported on Schedule K, 16a, as Tax-exempt income, which then flows to M-2, OAA.  However, the IRS has changed how they want this ... See more...
According to the ProSeries Software, in 2020, the SBA EIDL should be reported on Schedule K, 16a, as Tax-exempt income, which then flows to M-2, OAA.  However, the IRS has changed how they want this SBA EIDL Grant money reported and needs to be corrected on 2021 return.  It needs to show up on the M-2, AAA as Other Additions and then on OAA as Other Reductions.  The only way I can make this work is to deactivate the M-2 Worksheet.  It works when I manually put the figures in.  My question is if it is ok to deactivate the M-2 Worksheet?  Or is there another way to fix this problem?
For 2020, S-Corp reported EIDL Advance on M-2 as OAA as tax exempt income.  Need to reduce the OAA amount (I have that part figured out) but need to include that income on AAA.  The only way I see to... See more...
For 2020, S-Corp reported EIDL Advance on M-2 as OAA as tax exempt income.  Need to reduce the OAA amount (I have that part figured out) but need to include that income on AAA.  The only way I see to do it is by overriding the M-1 Worksheet.  Does someone else have another way?  If I try putting it as tax-exempt income, it shows back up on the OAA and not AAA