caley's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caley's Posts

I am wondering if this is just a technical glitch or the normal way moving forward: Recently, after the April 18th deadline it seems, I like to print off the federal and state(s) "Electronic Filing ... See more...
I am wondering if this is just a technical glitch or the normal way moving forward: Recently, after the April 18th deadline it seems, I like to print off the federal and state(s) "Electronic Filing Client Status History" off the Submission ID on the EF home page... but it ends up printing anywhere from 4 up to 20+ pages per client!! That is a HUGE waste of paper and data... when I look at the status history it is extremely redundant. It's literally a long listed out log of "1st Extension Ready to Transmit" or "Return Transmitted" and it all goes back and forth for 10+ pages! Whyyyy.... ?! Why all of a sudden does it do this? I have done updates each day hoping it's just a system glitch but I am going on 3 weeks now... 
When I submit an e-file the EF Center will sometimes jump around and my client files get listed from Z-A or sorted based on EF status...it's annoying. It's as if it automatically sorts it and I don't... See more...
When I submit an e-file the EF Center will sometimes jump around and my client files get listed from Z-A or sorted based on EF status...it's annoying. It's as if it automatically sorts it and I don't want it to sort! I want to just see my screen and the Next Steps column turns blue...without it moving around and resetting the names from A-Z or whatever.  It will also do this similar "automatic sort" option if I go in and bulk print the 9325's from the previous day and after the print log pops up, they all go and auto sort again... Previous years I don't remember it doing this... is there something I need to click or check so it won't do this? I have to check "Client Name" column to get it to sort A-Z again...  I hope this makes sense... thanks! 
Says my 2020 return is ineligible to e-file due to the following reasons: The Tax withheld of $xx is greater than or equal to -$NOL amount, the sum of income from the following sources: Then it lis... See more...
Says my 2020 return is ineligible to e-file due to the following reasons: The Tax withheld of $xx is greater than or equal to -$NOL amount, the sum of income from the following sources: Then it lists out all positive income amounts from W-2s, 1099's, Schedule C, Social Security, Other income (which is where the NOL hits)... Then it states: These rules are set forth by the IRS Electronic Tax administration. So how do I know where to reference why this is an error? Why can't I e-file a return with an NOL on it? I want to try an avoid taking 1 year or more to process in the mail!
I will try that, but I think it will still not allow e-file....error also says "these rules are set forth by the IRS Electronic Tax Administration"
Client has a net loss of $6k on his Schedule C, but we are electing to still pay SE taxes under the "Nonfarm Optional Method"... which triggers the EITC to populate. There is an e-file error stating... See more...
Client has a net loss of $6k on his Schedule C, but we are electing to still pay SE taxes under the "Nonfarm Optional Method"... which triggers the EITC to populate. There is an e-file error stating that the return is ineligible to e-file due to "all earned income for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is calculating from undocumented sources" ... what?! Not sure what that even means...? Is there a way around this error so I CAN e-file? Mail is so backed up.... Thanks!
This is from the Intuit article about the July 15th extension date: "What if my client needs more time past the July 15 deadline to pay? If your client needs additional time beyond July 15 to file, ... See more...
This is from the Intuit article about the July 15th extension date: "What if my client needs more time past the July 15 deadline to pay? If your client needs additional time beyond July 15 to file, you will need to file an extension. An extension will still give you until October 15, 2020, to file, but your client will need to pay any taxes owed by July 15 or be subject to penalties and interest." So does that mean I need to file an extension by April 15th if I want that extension to be e-filed and accepted to be extended to October 15? Or will ProSeries come out with an option to e-file the extension in July? Trying to avoid mailing out hundreds of extensions in July if I was supposed to do that next week! Thanks    
Wait... I did find it... if you are in the return, at the top middle, to print the "Letter" select that and you can choose "recipient" to print... but it's one at a time... dang. So, redirect the qu... See more...
Wait... I did find it... if you are in the return, at the top middle, to print the "Letter" select that and you can choose "recipient" to print... but it's one at a time... dang. So, redirect the question: is there a way to print them all with the whole return as it prints?
I am unable to locate how to print off the K-1 recipient letters. I see it under the 2018 version under "File" then "Print Options" then select "Print with Return" and shows the box to check "K-1 Rec... See more...
I am unable to locate how to print off the K-1 recipient letters. I see it under the 2018 version under "File" then "Print Options" then select "Print with Return" and shows the box to check "K-1 Recipient Letter (business returns only)" and no issues.  I don't even see that at all in 2019?? Will this come back or even be available?? I really don't want to print/change 200+ letters for 2019...