chantelsoutham's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chantelsoutham's Posts

The computer it's on is not a dual monitor. So it's not that. I would prefer to not uninstall and reinstall if I don't have to. I was hoping for an easier fix 🙂
I have used the FAM software for years. I installed the 2023 software and I have lost the category button. Any idea on how to get it back? I'd sort them by equipment/vehicles/livestock/buildings. I d... See more...
I have used the FAM software for years. I installed the 2023 software and I have lost the category button. Any idea on how to get it back? I'd sort them by equipment/vehicles/livestock/buildings. I don't have the ability to select a category anymore.  Thanks!
Thanks IRonMaN! You are always so helpful in responding. It stinks when you can't do your job because software is limiting you. Have a great tax season! And your insight is always appreciated!
I am required to efile Form 38 for the state of ND when there are 10 or more members/owners. Proseries does not Support Form 38. Does anyone know if proseries is working on this for the future? Or if... See more...
I am required to efile Form 38 for the state of ND when there are 10 or more members/owners. Proseries does not Support Form 38. Does anyone know if proseries is working on this for the future? Or if it is not on the list of changes? Thank you!
The reason I would amend as they have HUGE income in 2021 as they pulled more money out of retirement and I think adding another $66k would be in a higher income tax bracket. But will do the calculat... See more...
The reason I would amend as they have HUGE income in 2021 as they pulled more money out of retirement and I think adding another $66k would be in a higher income tax bracket. But will do the calculations and see how to plans out. Thank you for your response. I did think it was all taxable in 2021 and thanks for confirming my thought.
I have a client who's husband passed away in 2021. They self prepared. In reviewing the 2020 return, I see a 8915-e. They elected to pay tax 1/3 each year in 2020, 2021, 2022. I am struggling to find... See more...
I have a client who's husband passed away in 2021. They self prepared. In reviewing the 2020 return, I see a 8915-e. They elected to pay tax 1/3 each year in 2020, 2021, 2022. I am struggling to find where to put it on the 8915-f so it would show the 1/3 taxable in 2021. But then my question is since it was the taxpayer's distribution, does that trigger the final 2/3 ($66k) as taxable in 2021 as this is his final 2021 return? Or is this something that the spouse can inherit and pay the tax in 2022? Or we could amend 2020 and elect to pay tax fully on 2020 instead if it triggers the full amount left due in 2021. I appreciate any assistance. We're almost done with tax season 2021!
I just got off the phone with support. What I had to do was uninstall and reinstall my 2020 Proseries software. After I did that, I was able to print again. And I didn't get that error message. I hop... See more...
I just got off the phone with support. What I had to do was uninstall and reinstall my 2020 Proseries software. After I did that, I was able to print again. And I didn't get that error message. I hope you all can get that message to go away as well. Best of luck in the remainder of tax season!
I am having this exact same error message. It says "Can't create PDF Creator Pilot Object". I can't print out of Proseries! I'll call support and see if they can walk me through a fix. IF I get it fi... See more...
I am having this exact same error message. It says "Can't create PDF Creator Pilot Object". I can't print out of Proseries! I'll call support and see if they can walk me through a fix. IF I get it fixed I will comment on here. FRUSTRATING!!
Thank you Ironman! That worked perfectly!! You are the best!
I am having the same exact issue! And it’s with North Dakota. And now I can’t efile ND returns because it says I don’t have the most recent version. This is what it looks like when it tries to update... See more...
I am having the same exact issue! And it’s with North Dakota. And now I can’t efile ND returns because it says I don’t have the most recent version. This is what it looks like when it tries to update. I have attached a picture. I guess I can’t upload a picture as it’s saying it’s too big and I just took a screenshot. Yes I have restarted my computer; several times. This needs to get fixed ASAP!
Evan, I don't have this error anymore. So they had to have fixed it.
I agree with you that I can go in and override it and get the correct answer because I know what the answer is supposed to be. But when I spend thousands of dollars on software, I really don't want t... See more...
I agree with you that I can go in and override it and get the correct answer because I know what the answer is supposed to be. But when I spend thousands of dollars on software, I really don't want to have to do that. I want it to calculate correctly. When we get in the heat of tax season, the chances of missing that happens and then you have to do an amendment. I want Proseries aware that this isn't working and for them to fix it 🙂
Evan, I too had trouble finding where to put the QBI info from a K-1 on the 1040. Normally, when you put the code from box 17 and usually you use the quickzoom. It's not there. So you if you just kee... See more...
Evan, I too had trouble finding where to put the QBI info from a K-1 on the 1040. Normally, when you put the code from box 17 and usually you use the quickzoom. It's not there. So you if you just keep going down on the K-1 entry page, you'll see where to enter that info. Hope this helps! 
ND just passed a bill that no longer taxes military retirement. I do see on the ND Proseries return a line (14) where it is deducted, but i don't see how I can get my number in there without overridi... See more...
ND just passed a bill that no longer taxes military retirement. I do see on the ND Proseries return a line (14) where it is deducted, but i don't see how I can get my number in there without overriding it. The same thing applies to social security. (Line 15)I went to the 1099R thinking maybe there was a box I could check so it would know, but i don't see that either.
I have this same error and also don't understand what is causing it. I don't see the answer on this page either.
Agreed!!!! So Frustrating!!!!