StellaN's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StellaN's Posts

The 2020 ProSeries Basic 'Client Info Sheet' lists California under states to e-file amended tax returns.  I entered all info in accordance with Intuit Help instructions.  I could not find specific i... See more...
The 2020 ProSeries Basic 'Client Info Sheet' lists California under states to e-file amended tax returns.  I entered all info in accordance with Intuit Help instructions.  I could not find specific instructions for California, but worked through whatever options I found for submitting an amended return.  It worked just fine for the Federal return.  In the EF Clients HomeBase view, the Amended Return column shows the Federal Amended return as 'Marked for EF.'  There is nothing in the Amended Return column for California.  Since California Amended e-file is new for ProSeries 2020, I am wondering if it actually works.  I would appreciate any help from someone who has successfully e-filed a California Amended return.
How do we make the adjustment for MFJ to exclude up to $20,400 in unemployment compensation in community property states?  One TP received $18,000 and the spouse received $9,000 in CA.  The software ... See more...
How do we make the adjustment for MFJ to exclude up to $20,400 in unemployment compensation in community property states?  One TP received $18,000 and the spouse received $9,000 in CA.  The software only excludes $19,200 total.
Go to Question 6 in the Other Information section at the bottom of Form 1041.
Why do I get an error message when entering 5/17/21 for the tax payment withdrawal date for California Form 540 since it is supposed to be updated?  Supposedly CA has been updated by Intuit.
I guess I could wait a few weeks before filing to see what happens.
Taxpayer died Dec 26, 2019, and had a revocable trust.  There was no income after his date of death.  Can I file Form 1040 for 2019?  I understand I must file Form 1041 for 2020 if the now irrevocabl... See more...
Taxpayer died Dec 26, 2019, and had a revocable trust.  There was no income after his date of death.  Can I file Form 1040 for 2019?  I understand I must file Form 1041 for 2020 if the now irrevocable trust has income.