ChiHoang's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChiHoang's Posts

It's confusing. The software should show direct debit since we pay estimated tax due 
I file tax extension form 4868 and CT-1040EXT with electronic tax payments, but in the E-File Clients screen, they show up with refund check. Is it OK ? Or I have to do something so that they show up... See more...
I file tax extension form 4868 and CT-1040EXT with electronic tax payments, but in the E-File Clients screen, they show up with refund check. Is it OK ? Or I have to do something so that they show up as direct debit. Thanks
Yes, I did all exactly what you showed but CT state extension did not appear on the E-File Clients screen
I checked "file state or city returns electronically" and select state: CT But when I go to E-File clients, I only see Federal extension, NO State extension appears. Do I do some thing wrong ? And h... See more...
I checked "file state or city returns electronically" and select state: CT But when I go to E-File clients, I only see Federal extension, NO State extension appears. Do I do some thing wrong ? And how do I pay tax for the state extension ? Thanks
How do I force to file a tax return with zero taxable income ? My clients only have social security benefits, but want to file tax. Thanks
Not Jan. and part of Feb. 2023. How do I split income for those 2 partial months ?
I have a client who is divorced in Feb 2023. He has interest, dividends and capital gains under both names. How does he allocate his share ? Thanks 
He still works at the same place but his company was bought out by other company. He's been paying off every week about 1/2 of the loan so far. 
I have a client with 1099-R distribution of $29K, and distribution code 1M.  He's under 591/2 years old.  Is this distribution taxable even though he told me it's a loan ? If it's not, how do I make ... See more...
I have a client with 1099-R distribution of $29K, and distribution code 1M.  He's under 591/2 years old.  Is this distribution taxable even though he told me it's a loan ? If it's not, how do I make it happen in ProSeries Basic ? Thanks 
Do IRS check dependency on paper filing ? If they do, why is it faster ? Thank you so much
Do you know how to check when the amended tax return was processed ? It's too much to send his parents' tax returns in hard copies. I rather wait until the amended tax return processed to EF. They ha... See more...
Do you know how to check when the amended tax return was processed ? It's too much to send his parents' tax returns in hard copies. I rather wait until the amended tax return processed to EF. They have tax refunds. Should they file an extension if by the April 15th the amended tax return (likely) was not processed ? Please advise. Thanks
Yes the kid claimed himself and the parents' return was rejected. I just efiled the amended tax form 1040X and explained it. I thought IRS will process the amendment quickly since I efiled it. Would... See more...
Yes the kid claimed himself and the parents' return was rejected. I just efiled the amended tax form 1040X and explained it. I thought IRS will process the amendment quickly since I efiled it. Would you think they would process it in 2-3 weeks ? And I just refile his parents return then  and hope it would not be rejected. Thanks
I thought I have to make an amendment on form 1040X to change from independent to dependent.  Thank you very much.
Originally, client filed as single, independent. He wants to change to single, dependent of his parent. There is no place on 1040X to change from independent to dependent. How to amend it ?
How do I amend filing single and independent to single dependent of parent in ProSeries Basic ? Thanks  
It's $492, but I have no idea what the cost basis of the investment is so I will ignore it. Thanks for your responses.
Do you know where to input 1099-DIV line 9 Cash Liquidation Distributions in ProSeries Basic ? Thanks
Thank you so much