taxcouple's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taxcouple's Posts

For clarification, I did not have both boxes checked - I only had the 1st Q box checked.  When ProSeries came out with guidance on this issue in April they said to check the 1st Q box and leave the 2... See more...
For clarification, I did not have both boxes checked - I only had the 1st Q box checked.  When ProSeries came out with guidance on this issue in April they said to check the 1st Q box and leave the 2nd Q box unchecked.  I appreciate you confirming that checking & using the 2nd Q as the combined estimate instead of the 1st Q is what worked.  Still haven't heard back from ProSeries, but I'm wondering how many other folks had the problem I did when they used the April guidance and checked/used the 1st Q box for the combined payment.
Just curious - was yours coded as a 1st quarter payment or a 2nd quarter payment?  I noticed that the final review diagnostic for electronic payments showed '0' for an electronically scheduled 1st qu... See more...
Just curious - was yours coded as a 1st quarter payment or a 2nd quarter payment?  I noticed that the final review diagnostic for electronic payments showed '0' for an electronically scheduled 1st quarter, but correctly showed amounts for any subsequent electronically scheduled quarters.  I even tried coding the first two quarters as a 2nd quarter payment instead of as a 1st quarter (contrary to April Proseries guidance) just to see what the diagnostic indicated, and the diagnostic would then show the correct combined amount.  I called Proseries the evening of 7/14/20, and they confirmed the same diagnostic issue that I was having but said the first two quarters should still be reflected as a combined 1st quarter and that the electronic payments should still come out as scheduled.  I gave it until today, then checked with eftps and was told there was nothing scheduled for the first quarter, but that the 3rd & 4th quarters were in the system to be paid as scheduled.  Proseries has been informed, and I am told I will hear back from them within 48 hours.
Yes - eftps does not show anything scheduled.
It appears that electronically scheduled federal estimated payments for 7/15/20 have not come out as scheduled.  Anyone else have this issue? UPDATE:  Just spoke with ProSeries at 10:15am eastern ti... See more...
It appears that electronically scheduled federal estimated payments for 7/15/20 have not come out as scheduled.  Anyone else have this issue? UPDATE:  Just spoke with ProSeries at 10:15am eastern time today (7/21/20) to check on the status of my case (combined 1st & 2nd Q estimates into just a 1st Q estimate).  The front line person that answered said the call center had just been informed to tell callers that ProSeries is currently in communication with the IRS to determine how to best handle this problem, and that ProSeries will be issuing an alert later today to let us know the steps to take.