atif1040's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atif1040's Posts

It is basically an adjustment for the recapture of domestic losses from last year. 
Anyone can advise how i can enter an amount on line 16 of form 1116 for 2018 tax year. There is an adjustment coming from 2017 return and i am amending 2018 tax return and struggling to show an amoun... See more...
Anyone can advise how i can enter an amount on line 16 of form 1116 for 2018 tax year. There is an adjustment coming from 2017 return and i am amending 2018 tax return and struggling to show an amount on line 16. TIA
There is not any child tax credit because of preparing 1116. So tax liability is $0. Consequently, no movement in child tax credit.     
He is trying to do some planning for next year and needs to know how much he can take as dividend and salary without losing the ACTC. 
Thank you for your reply. It is not a qualified dividend. He is based in UK and has a limited company where he withdraws some salary and some dividend.  And apparently every time I enter dividend i... See more...
Thank you for your reply. It is not a qualified dividend. He is based in UK and has a limited company where he withdraws some salary and some dividend.  And apparently every time I enter dividend in system the ACTC goes down and when I remove it he gets the full amount.   
Thank you for your reply. I understand the concept. But I need to explain to the client that more the dividend income lesser the ACTC. I need to establish a link between the two so I can explain to t... See more...
Thank you for your reply. I understand the concept. But I need to explain to the client that more the dividend income lesser the ACTC. I need to establish a link between the two so I can explain to the client why he is not going to get full ACTC even his AGI is below the phase-out threshold. 
Hi All Does anyone know what is the link between ACTC and dividend income? When I report dividend in the system the ACTC gets reduce despite the AGI is below $200k.   
No that’s the thing AGI is way below the threshold.  It is 175K
Exactly, this is what I mean. I think if you add $50k dividend the CTC got reduce quite a lot.  I'll look into the worksheet. 
There is 8812 but does not show dividend income there. 
Anyone can help with this, please? what is the link between the dividends income and ACTC refundable? A client has five kids under 17 earning 125,000 as wages. He gets a full $7k refundable CTC howe... See more...
Anyone can help with this, please? what is the link between the dividends income and ACTC refundable? A client has five kids under 17 earning 125,000 as wages. He gets a full $7k refundable CTC however as soon as I enter his dividend of $50k, the ACTC starts going down.   Thank you in advance. 
Perfect, thank you. Finally, came to the conclusion. 
So the taxable gain on the foreign mortgage would be $221,436.64. Which i would report on line 21. Correct?         £793,065.25 0.6432  $       1,232,999.46         £793,065.25 0.784  $   ... See more...
So the taxable gain on the foreign mortgage would be $221,436.64. Which i would report on line 21. Correct?         £793,065.25 0.6432  $       1,232,999.46         £793,065.25 0.784  $       1,011,562.82      $          221,436.64
I have read this in your original reply "This gain is computed with each principal repayment and not only at the sale of the home." So I need to go back and calculate the gain in each month on the p... See more...
I have read this in your original reply "This gain is computed with each principal repayment and not only at the sale of the home." So I need to go back and calculate the gain in each month on the principal amount  (not interest) and calculate gain to add in the total gain. as the loss is not allowable anyway. right?    No, it is not right.  I don't think you can rationalize to yourself (or to your client) this is what he/she has for foreign currency gain.  You may like to do a bit more research.  I have read on about 10 different places and they have calculated the gain same way I showed in my calculation. If you think it is wrong, could you please explain specifically what is wrong with this calculation and how can I calculate it correctly? 
Hi itonewbie Can you please confirm if I am doing it right:  Mortgage at the beginning at April 2011     1,129,685.00 0.6432           1,756,351.06 Mortgage at the closing at 31 dec 2019 ... See more...
Hi itonewbie Can you please confirm if I am doing it right:  Mortgage at the beginning at April 2011     1,129,685.00 0.6432           1,756,351.06 Mortgage at the closing at 31 dec 2019         793,065.25 0.784           1,011,562.82 Gain on Foreign Mortgage                      744,788.24    I would report $744,788 on line 21, is this correct? Is this also subject to NIIT Form 8960? if yes, on which line? the last question, do I need to calculate the gain on his monthly payments he made in all these years? 
Sorry, my mistake, not the interest rate, due to the foreign exchange rate. Thank you for pointing it out. 
House bought in 2011. I never mentioned the interest rate in my post. My questions is how and where would I report the gain due to the foreign exchange rate. 
Yes, it was their personal residence. They are US citizens. 
Hello Everyone.  Hope you all are having a good easter.  A quick question, I have a client who is living in the UK and took the mortgage in 2011 and now selling his house and have gain of $500k plu... See more...
Hello Everyone.  Hope you all are having a good easter.  A quick question, I have a client who is living in the UK and took the mortgage in 2011 and now selling his house and have gain of $500k plus due to the interest rate. My question is, where and how can I report this gain. I was thinking online 21 as other income, any suggestions, please. Additionally, I was reading that this is also subject to net investment tax, how can I make this subject to this tax as well in the system.  Thank you in advance!    
Perfect! Really appreciate your assistance. It worked fine.