JMP's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMP's Posts

As of yesterday February 1, this issue is resolved. (I had this issue on two returns. I resubmitted them and they were accepted.)
This is a good idea that has already been suggested here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-idea-exchange/improve-the-notes/idi-p/137326
Check out this article: https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-8949/reporting-sale-home-individual-return-proconnect/L8j1M7iJI_US_en_US?uid=lg9vizdo If there is no existing de... See more...
Check out this article: https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-8949/reporting-sale-home-individual-return-proconnect/L8j1M7iJI_US_en_US?uid=lg9vizdo If there is no existing depreciation schedule, the article explains how to enter the sale of home via the Schedule D screens. If there is a depreciation schedule, the article explains how to enter the sale from the disposition screen:
On the Profile page you need to have check TWO boxes: The "Federal" box *and* the "Federal Extension" box. I think you are only checking one of them.
Look in the worksheets. There should be a "Modified AGI for Roth IRA Contributions" worksheet and a "Roth IRA Contribution Worksheet" that will explain what ProConnect is doing.
Go to Income --> Dispositions (Sch D, etc). This will bring you to the Quick Entry page. On this page, click on the "Carryovers/Misc Info" link at the upper right.
Hello wendy5, I working on a 2021 return and I have the same problem -- so I guess it hasn't been fixed. Do you know if Intuit is working on it? It's an issue with the part-year return (the OR-40-NP)... See more...
Hello wendy5, I working on a 2021 return and I have the same problem -- so I guess it hasn't been fixed. Do you know if Intuit is working on it? It's an issue with the part-year return (the OR-40-NP), too. It sounds like you filed by mail but what do you think of the idea of electronically filing and attaching a PDF of the OR-24?
Not sure what you mean by "amend" but you can override all of the boxes by on the 4868 by going to the "Extensions (4868, 2350)" screen in the "Payments, Penalties & Extensions" section.
You can enter them like any expense on Schedule C but I think it's a good practice to call each one out as a separate item by using the "other expenses" button. That way, they show up on page 2. For ... See more...
You can enter them like any expense on Schedule C but I think it's a good practice to call each one out as a separate item by using the "other expenses" button. That way, they show up on page 2. For example: "Dishwasher (de minimus).... $700."
Not sure why you want to "show the total home cost." But to answer your question: As far as I know, PCT doesn't allow you to do this. However, you can enter the building and the land separately and t... See more...
Not sure why you want to "show the total home cost." But to answer your question: As far as I know, PCT doesn't allow you to do this. However, you can enter the building and the land separately and then you can have PCT add the two together on the depreciation schedule.
Go to Other -> Elections -> Misc. Elections (upper right), then scroll down until you find the checkbox. In the future, I recommend you use the search box. If you search for the phrase "de minimus" ... See more...
Go to Other -> Elections -> Misc. Elections (upper right), then scroll down until you find the checkbox. In the future, I recommend you use the search box. If you search for the phrase "de minimus" the answer to your question appears in the search results.
You may have checked the box labeled "Deduct cash charitable contributions if taking the standard deduction (forces the standard deduction)." This is located on the "Contributions" tab. Also check t... See more...
You may have checked the box labeled "Deduct cash charitable contributions if taking the standard deduction (forces the standard deduction)." This is located on the "Contributions" tab. Also check the "Less Common Scenarios" tab to make sure you aren't overriding the default.
(Other tax software has this feature, and I miss it!) Please add a pop-up calculator. It would work as follows: 1) Put your cursor in a box that accepts numerical data; 2) Hit the "equals" button or ... See more...
(Other tax software has this feature, and I miss it!) Please add a pop-up calculator. It would work as follows: 1) Put your cursor in a box that accepts numerical data; 2) Hit the "equals" button or a function key and a small calculator pops up; 3) When you've finished your calculation, you hit the "paste" button on the calculator and the calculated value goes into the box (and the calculator disappears).
Please improve the notes, here's what I suggest (in order of difficulty to implement): 1. Highlight the note button if there's something in there! 2. Instead of a single freeform text entry space, ... See more...
Please improve the notes, here's what I suggest (in order of difficulty to implement): 1. Highlight the note button if there's something in there! 2. Instead of a single freeform text entry space, add the ability to have several spaces (one for each note). This could be similar to the format of the "details" pop-ups -- multiple text areas with the ability to delete each one. 3. Make the notes a mini file system. When you create a new note, it becomes a file with a date and a title. You access the file using a small menu.
There is often a lot of good information in the details -- the multi-line entry box that opens up when you hit the plus sign in most data fields. I would like print this information to print -- be in... See more...
There is often a lot of good information in the details -- the multi-line entry box that opens up when you hit the plus sign in most data fields. I would like print this information to print -- be included on the "statements" page. (I would like all details to print every time, but I suppose you could make the printing optional. Perhaps make it an option like the "flag" feature.) For example, if the taxpayer has two mortgage interest statements listed in the details box, I'd like to see a statement like this:   Statement 27   Schedule A, Line 8a - Home mortgage Interest and points reported on Form 1098   Mortgage ABC  $2000   Mortgage XYZ   $3000                  Total:  $5000
(This "feature" has been asked for many, many times over the years. I almost feel silly repeating it again here!) We need to be able to set company defaults. For example, my company has the policy o... See more...
(This "feature" has been asked for many, many times over the years. I almost feel silly repeating it again here!) We need to be able to set company defaults. For example, my company has the policy of never printing the client's email address and phone number on the tax return. I should be able to set those defaults so I don't have to change them on every single return that I prepare! Many of them are on the General -> Misc Info/Direct Deposit -> Miscellaneous Info tab. Intuit could start with some of those. Others are spread around the program. For example, some folks might want Schedule A to print by default or they might want to omit the book depreciation schedules by default. It seems like it would be pretty easy to add a new section to the program settings, either as a separate item or within the "Firm Information" page. Quickbooks calls it "Company Settings."
One situation that I've run into: For a joint return, *both* spouses must have earned income (or be full-time students). You can fill out the 2441 perfectly but PCT will refuse to generate the form u... See more...
One situation that I've run into: For a joint return, *both* spouses must have earned income (or be full-time students). You can fill out the 2441 perfectly but PCT will refuse to generate the form unless it sees income from both spouses.
The tax ID number is locked at the time you purchase it -- in other words, when you e-file or print. To fix it, you'll have to make a copy of the tax return. You can then contact Intuit to give you a... See more...
The tax ID number is locked at the time you purchase it -- in other words, when you e-file or print. To fix it, you'll have to make a copy of the tax return. You can then contact Intuit to give you a credit so you don't pay twice for the same return. Here's an article on the subject: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/file-actions/help/ssn-or-ein-appears-grayed-out-and-can-t-be-changed/00/4418
Sounds like you need to complete Part II of Form 6252. It's buried in one of the Schedule D screens. Here's an article on the subject: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/entering... See more...
Sounds like you need to complete Part II of Form 6252. It's buried in one of the Schedule D screens. Here's an article on the subject: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/entering-a-prior-or-current-year-installment-sale-form-6252/00/3313 You'll need some information from the 2018 Form 6252. Also, I assume the payment didn't include any interest but if it did, the interest portion of the payment goes on Schedule B.
Take a look at this article: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-8949/help/reporting-a-sale-of-home-on-an-individual-return/00/5033