Fosterconsult's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fosterconsult's Posts

I have calculated the depreciation for all years and the business percentage of the sales price and cost (vehicle had some personal use each year).  When I go to enter these calculation into the ente... See more...
I have calculated the depreciation for all years and the business percentage of the sales price and cost (vehicle had some personal use each year).  When I go to enter these calculation into the enterable Form 4797 I get an error stating that only gains are to be reported in Part III.  Where would I enter the information to report the loss?  Do I enter on Page One under the Section 1231 property?
Yes I understand that I cannot take a personal loss.  As for step 2, the built in factor for depreciation is applied to ALL miles since it is a luxury vehicle?  Thanks for your prompt and clear answer... See more...
Yes I understand that I cannot take a personal loss.  As for step 2, the built in factor for depreciation is applied to ALL miles since it is a luxury vehicle?  Thanks for your prompt and clear answer.  That is what I thought but needed confirmation.  Thanks Tax Guy Bill!
Pub 544 not final yet.  ProSeries is wanting me to a like-kind exchange, but tax reform states only real property is used for Form 8824.  Should I calculate the business use percentage for all years,... See more...
Pub 544 not final yet.  ProSeries is wanting me to a like-kind exchange, but tax reform states only real property is used for Form 8824.  Should I calculate the business use percentage for all years, the mileage depreciation rate for ALL miles since it's a luxury vehicle, and enter on the "enterable" Form 4797 and Sch D as applicable to figure gain/loss?  Then enter the full purchase price of the new vehicle on the Car/Truck worksheet?