Rob-cpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rob-cpa's Posts

I called Lacerte today and the issue was resolved by updating my Version!!  I didn't realize I had missed an update. The 1040-X e-filing is so new that we checked all the necessary steps first and t... See more...
I called Lacerte today and the issue was resolved by updating my Version!!  I didn't realize I had missed an update. The 1040-X e-filing is so new that we checked all the necessary steps first and then it came down to simply updating Lacerte!  YAY! The IRS has already accepted the return.
I see the same screen.  Put your cursor over the top until you get arrows and then click & drag it open.  Then Click on the Diagnostics again on the left side and you should be able to see it.  
I have my 1040-X ready to e-file but Lacerte is coming back with: "Client Selection - Unable to e-file Amended Return(s). The following clients will not be included in the e-file return processing.... See more...
I have my 1040-X ready to e-file but Lacerte is coming back with: "Client Selection - Unable to e-file Amended Return(s). The following clients will not be included in the e-file return processing.  Refer to the client note for explanation on why the client is being excluded.  Would you like to continue without these clients?" the Note says:  "Client is not setup for any amended returns that can be e-filed." This client's 2019 original 1040 was e-filed by a Senior Center volunteer AARP tax preparer.  I have the original signed form 8879, so I know it was e-filed.  Does it make a difference in Lacerte if I was not the original ERO?
I called Lacerte yesterday about it and was told they were waiting for the IRS to release forms, although that didn't make sense to me. I tried a work-around and checked in screen 9 that there was a... See more...
I called Lacerte yesterday about it and was told they were waiting for the IRS to release forms, although that didn't make sense to me. I tried a work-around and checked in screen 9 that there was an extension, but I still wasn't allowed to choose an electronic payment date after 4/15/2020.