Taxangel's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxangel's Posts

That's a good suggestion.  I'm not sure how to turn it off but I will investigate.  
My very first returns filed this year did not print the year anywhere on the form.  Apparently all this pot stirring works because as of yesterday, I now see the year printed in Part I.
I receive an error when I type in the earnings because it is greater than Ohio MAGI.
I'm using Basic on this reference
What screen is this?
Per the State guidelines and form instructions, Intuit is incorrect.  Line 27 has nothing to do with any other line item on the Federal or State returns.  It is based on Box 1 Wages and self-employme... See more...
Per the State guidelines and form instructions, Intuit is incorrect.  Line 27 has nothing to do with any other line item on the Federal or State returns.  It is based on Box 1 Wages and self-employment income.  I looked back on 2020 and it also was calculating incorrectly. The problem creates a refund on School District for the taxpayer that will eventually have to be paid back.  This is not the first time Intuit has had SD100 wrong.
My program does not.
On the IRS website, the form revision for January 2021 does not include a year either.
I don't see the tax year anywhere, same as last year.  It's not under OMB No. or Part I says "Tax Year Ending December 31,  (Enter year you are authorizing)" but have no clue how to put a year in.
I called on the Ohio SD100 and was told to contact Ohio.  It was their problem? In an earned income school district, the tax is calculated on Box 1 of the W2 and self-employment earnings.  ProSeries ... See more...
I called on the Ohio SD100 and was told to contact Ohio.  It was their problem? In an earned income school district, the tax is calculated on Box 1 of the W2 and self-employment earnings.  ProSeries form is calculating it from Modified AGI from the Ohio return.  The error says line 27 should not exceed Modified AGI from the Ohio return.  This is not true.  The form instructions specifically state that line 27 does NOT come from a specific line of the Federal or State return. I cannot get Intuit to correct the error.  I have an override on line 27 so it will not file any State forms. My only option is to paper file it.  Any suggestions?
After a two hour phone call to Intuit, they insisted the Form SD100 is calculating correctly and it is due to an input error.  I pretty much begged them to generate a "ticket" or case on the issue.  ... See more...
After a two hour phone call to Intuit, they insisted the Form SD100 is calculating correctly and it is due to an input error.  I pretty much begged them to generate a "ticket" or case on the issue.  For an Earned Income School District return, Line 24 is using Ohio's Modified AGI to calculate the tax.  This is not accurate and it should be using Federal AGI.  I had to delete the SD100 from the return in order to e-file the return.  Then, go onto Ohio's website and e-file the SD100.  There is shows the property instructions for calculating the tax.  I have also had to go on the Ohio return and make adjustments if it didn't affect the outcome of the return. I have been unable to resolve this error with Intuit.  Has anyone else tried to contact them?
Can the distribution of an IRA to an ABLE account contribution be considered as a non-taxable event?