TrumpJ's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrumpJ's Posts

Not only could not get the client on Intuit Link because they asked to change their email - when i finally got them to the right place. . . . they went elsewhere to have their tax preparation done . ... See more...
Not only could not get the client on Intuit Link because they asked to change their email - when i finally got them to the right place. . . . they went elsewhere to have their tax preparation done . . . after 30 years. . . hmmmm      
Error Detail: I have filed this Form 990 for numerous years. The NFP has a year end of September.  I received an error when I transmitted the tax return last week - and I'm receiving an error that t... See more...
Error Detail: I have filed this Form 990 for numerous years. The NFP has a year end of September.  I received an error when I transmitted the tax return last week - and I'm receiving an error that the tax period does not match the IRS records.  error:  "The IRS's records have a different tax period end for this return.  . . . .If this is full year return, adjust the tax year end in the Federal Information Worksheet.  Please let me know if you have seen the errors noted below - and any advice before I request a Form 2848 - and contact the IRS.  Thank you. According to the ProSeries Rejections: Error Detail: If "Final return/terminated" checkbox is not checked or "Initial return" checkbox is not checked, then in the Return Header, the tax period ending date must match data in the e- file database. Error Resolution: The IRS's records have a different tax period end for this return. If this is other than a full year return, indicate 'Short Year', 'Initial Return', or 'Final Return' as appropriate. If this is a full year return, adjust the tax year end in the Federal Information Worksheet. Joan
My thinking is that (1) you 'deferred' the tax on the tax year 2020 Form 1040 - (2) the IRS is sending notices that 50% (or more) must be paid by December 31, 2021, (3) to close the 'loop' you'll ref... See more...
My thinking is that (1) you 'deferred' the tax on the tax year 2020 Form 1040 - (2) the IRS is sending notices that 50% (or more) must be paid by December 31, 2021, (3) to close the 'loop' you'll reflect that you deferred the tax - paid the tax - offset the tax.  Ok, I'll stay tuned.
no, it has been paid - where is that reflected on the 1040 as an offset to the deferred amounts?
why are the dates different in the error checking tool after the tax returns are filed? it eliminates the payment for 04/15/2021 and replaces the next payment date of 06/15/2021 with double the payme... See more...
why are the dates different in the error checking tool after the tax returns are filed? it eliminates the payment for 04/15/2021 and replaces the next payment date of 06/15/2021 with double the payment?
I took my computer to a computer guy - and he said my computer was too fast for the ProSeries program> So he did something to slow it down - and now it works perfectly.  He said it was due to my comp... See more...
I took my computer to a computer guy - and he said my computer was too fast for the ProSeries program> So he did something to slow it down - and now it works perfectly.  He said it was due to my computer wanting to do fancy gaming.
The bottom portion - in different areas - of the Info Worksheet are blank - but if I tab through I could almost guess what my input should be. .. anyone else?
Thank you for your help - I figured out my problem.  Gotta check the appropriate boxes!!!!    
But if you have nondeductible IRA basis from earlier years; isn't it to be used while annual IRA distributions are made in order to recapture part of the IRA as nontaxable?  In the past, I've entered... See more...
But if you have nondeductible IRA basis from earlier years; isn't it to be used while annual IRA distributions are made in order to recapture part of the IRA as nontaxable?  In the past, I've entered carryover basis and the year end value and a percentage of carryover basis generated a portion of the current year IRA distribution as nontaxable.
I have completed the IRA Information sheet to carryover IRA basis.  However, when I open the Form 8606T it does not populate the lines with appropriate amounts.  Is anyone having this problem or any ... See more...
I have completed the IRA Information sheet to carryover IRA basis.  However, when I open the Form 8606T it does not populate the lines with appropriate amounts.  Is anyone having this problem or any idea on how to fix it?  Thank you
A higher level of tech support was able to provide an 'authorization code' to allow me to save the file as a *.pdf.  That resolved the problem.  I'm very disappointed that it took 2 hours worth of pho... See more...
A higher level of tech support was able to provide an 'authorization code' to allow me to save the file as a *.pdf.  That resolved the problem.  I'm very disappointed that it took 2 hours worth of phone calls to do so.
In response to NJ Tax Amnesty, a copy of the filed NJ CBT-100S is needed.  No internet connection on old laptop; need an authorization code to print ".pdf."  Payment required although paid for previo... See more...
In response to NJ Tax Amnesty, a copy of the filed NJ CBT-100S is needed.  No internet connection on old laptop; need an authorization code to print ".pdf."  Payment required although paid for previously.  At this point, will pay $18 required to print *.pdf.  ProSeries will not provide an authorization code to pay for old 2010 NJCBT . . .any idea on a workaround to print the *.pdf?  No internet connection on old computer.
Is this statement for the 250 Hour Safe Harbor Rule available yet in ProSeries?  If so, where is it?  I am unable to locate it.