wahcpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wahcpa's Posts

I have a client that has maxed out on his 401k contribution on19,500.  Can they also do an IRA of 6000?   Thanks,
Interesting - thank  you. . .
My client's condo board assessed everyone 20,300 for mold remediation.   It is not part of a government declaration.  I think this is decutable as a casualty loss.  If so, how do we report it in Pros... See more...
My client's condo board assessed everyone 20,300 for mold remediation.   It is not part of a government declaration.  I think this is decutable as a casualty loss.  If so, how do we report it in Proseries. Thanks. . . 
I have an interesting situation.  I have a couple who was going through a bad contentious divorce which was finalized in 2020.   For 2018 and 2019, they filed MFJ and had joint income over 200k.  The... See more...
I have an interesting situation.  I have a couple who was going through a bad contentious divorce which was finalized in 2020.   For 2018 and 2019, they filed MFJ and had joint income over 200k.  They were barely talking!  The wife income was only 65k and the husband was about 135k.   This is consistent for 2018 and 2019. Now the fun part.  The wife asked if we can file MFS for 2018 and 2019 so she can be eligible for the 1200 payment.  I don't believe this is possible unless both parties agree since they would need to split the itemized deductions they had jointly for their residence. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Many thanks. . . Warren      
I have the same issue with some e-filed clients who we scheduled payment dates for 4/14 prior to the government extension.   I would be interested in ways to change that date or is it too late. The ... See more...
I have the same issue with some e-filed clients who we scheduled payment dates for 4/14 prior to the government extension.   I would be interested in ways to change that date or is it too late. The only strategy that I can think of is to have the client transfer funds out of the designated account so there wouldn't be enough for the IRS to take out.  At that point, I believe that the IRS will just send a bill.