MGFC's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGFC's Posts

George4Tacks and Marc.TaxMan are correct. All Misc deductions are suspended for Federal but may be allowed for the client's respective State return. Complete the Federal first. Then select Schedule A,... See more...
George4Tacks and Marc.TaxMan are correct. All Misc deductions are suspended for Federal but may be allowed for the client's respective State return. Complete the Federal first. Then select Schedule A, Misc deductions worksheet. It's labeled at the top for "State only". Input the union dues, uniforms, small tools etc. Save the return. Open the State return to see if these items flowed individually or on one line in total. Some editing may be necessary if your state does not allow some of the deductions. Form 2106 can just be deleted if you wish. Meals will have to be adjusted to 50% or 80% for DOT Employees. Good luck.
If I uncheck the first 3 items in Final Review, it will start and #4 and finish.
Yes, as silly as that sounds. I do have QBID. Don't know why that interferes with Final Review.
Performing Final Review with all boxes checked. Final Review will not advance beyond 3rd item "TSJ tag Errors" unless I uncheck the first 3 boxes.
Short of a ProSeries fix for this bug, each state may have to be adjusted manually at the state software level.
You are correct. The client lives in a state that allows the expenses. However, the Form 2106 will not correctly compute the 80% for DOT Meals. It only produces 50%.
Form 2106 will not correctly address the 80% DOT Meal and reimbursement issue when I use the correct method above as in prior years (Check the F box and use the DOT Smart Worksheet). I've also tried t... See more...
Form 2106 will not correctly address the 80% DOT Meal and reimbursement issue when I use the correct method above as in prior years (Check the F box and use the DOT Smart Worksheet). I've also tried the Form 2106 Adjustments work sheet in attempt to allocate the DOT Meals and Reimbursement. Neither method produces the correct 80% result.