TaxLadyTerri's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TaxLadyTerri's Posts

I just closed for the night.   Do you know what screen in the program to do the override?   Also, do  you know if this has been reported to Lacerte as a glitch so the software can be updated?  This ... See more...
I just closed for the night.   Do you know what screen in the program to do the override?   Also, do  you know if this has been reported to Lacerte as a glitch so the software can be updated?  This afternoon’s update didn’t change this calculation. 
Mn preparers...anyone having problems with the program calculating UC addback and taxable social security on the same return?  I cannot follow the state worksheets...looks like MN is adding the UC ex... See more...
Mn preparers...anyone having problems with the program calculating UC addback and taxable social security on the same return?  I cannot follow the state worksheets...looks like MN is adding the UC exclusion back twice in calculating taxable social security for the state return.
I am frustrated beyond belief.  Yes, I am on the most current update, Version 41.0107, updated this morning.  The underline now works...but still having issues.  I use 2 printers in my office.  HP420... See more...
I am frustrated beyond belief.  Yes, I am on the most current update, Version 41.0107, updated this morning.  The underline now works...but still having issues.  I use 2 printers in my office.  HP4200 prints the heading with extra long up and down lines.  Toshiba eStudio 206L does not, it prints as it should. If printing 1 copy, only 1 prints.  If printing 2, it doubles the copies to 4.  This happens on both printers. At this point, I may create my own questionnaire using Word.  I can't delay my year-end mailing, which are already a week late, until another update comes out.  Or doesn't come out.  I'm already dreading the printing of returns...how may copies will I get?  What will various fonts look like on different printers?  Will I still be sane by April 15th?
I did the update this morning, but still see some problems with the questionnaire part of the organizer.  If using the underline, the spacing is still off.  The page  header has overlapping lines.  A... See more...
I did the update this morning, but still see some problems with the questionnaire part of the organizer.  If using the underline, the spacing is still off.  The page  header has overlapping lines.  And if I print out more than 1 at a time, it doubles the amounts.  For example, 2 copies will print 4.  Not happy with this as I'm trying to get my mailing out by this weekend.  Is there another update coming?  Or is this it???
After 20+ years using Lacerte and getting beyond retirement age, I'm not about to learn new software.  As the cost of Lacerte increases, so do my fees.  
Lacerte is seriously lacking on the M1PR return. Yes, you have to manually add back the QCD from an IRA.  Screen 53, MN Household Income, Additional Income line. I also have to fake out the form whe... See more...
Lacerte is seriously lacking on the M1PR return. Yes, you have to manually add back the QCD from an IRA.  Screen 53, MN Household Income, Additional Income line. I also have to fake out the form when someone has an annuity withdrawal with their contributions listed in box 5 on form 1099-R.  Lacerte includes the total withdrawal on M1PR, not the taxable amount. So my work around is to enter in the after-tax contribution on the line that says “gross distribution from 1035 exchange”.  This way, that amount doesn’t show up in income and I have the 1099-R to back up what I did.  I used to be able to enter a negative number with the explanation, but no more.  When I checked with MN Revenue, they said the software was wrong and it should be changed. I didn’t bother to do that as Lacerte doesn’t listen and is hard to reach. Maybe they should have a Minnesota preparer assist the software developers with their forms.  Just saying!
Check your EFIN status for returns filed by your company at irs.gov on the tax pros site.  Under e-services. See if the number you have actually filed matches with what is showing for your efin numbe... See more...
Check your EFIN status for returns filed by your company at irs.gov on the tax pros site.  Under e-services. See if the number you have actually filed matches with what is showing for your efin number. 
Your welcome. 
Click on settings on top of screen, go down to table editor, click on pensions, employer name, find the one that keeps auto filling on your client’s return, highlight it, then click on delete at bott... See more...
Click on settings on top of screen, go down to table editor, click on pensions, employer name, find the one that keeps auto filling on your client’s return, highlight it, then click on delete at bottom of that screen.  You can also add the correct info on this screen...click on add, then fill in the pertinent information.  
Screen 51, checkbox at top of screen.  Like scheunemanncpa said.
Found the solution from Lacerte tech support. Screen 52, Other State Tax Credit.  In the Minnesota section, enter WI for state abbreviation. Then in the Wisconsin only section, enter the wages or pers... See more...
Found the solution from Lacerte tech support. Screen 52, Other State Tax Credit.  In the Minnesota section, enter WI for state abbreviation. Then in the Wisconsin only section, enter the wages or personal income taxed by Wisconsin while a Minnesota resident.  This will flow to MN Schedule M1RCR, lines 9-11.  Line 11 flows to Schedule M1REF, Line 5.  
I'm looking for help with the "refundable" portion of credit for tax paid to Wisconsin.  Taxpayer is a full-year Minnesota resident, working in Wisconsin and has wages and withholding for Wisconsin. ... See more...
I'm looking for help with the "refundable" portion of credit for tax paid to Wisconsin.  Taxpayer is a full-year Minnesota resident, working in Wisconsin and has wages and withholding for Wisconsin.  In filling out the Schedule M1RCR, it looks like there should be a refundable portion calculated on lines 8-11.  I have the credit for MN tax on the Wisconsin wages on line 7 of this form, but I can't get lines 8-11 to populate.  Anybody else have MN residents working in Wisconsin and paying higher rates on this income than what Minnesota charges?  I'll try calling MN Revenue preparer's hotline on Monday morning, but thought maybe someone else has a solution.  I don't know if Lacerte is not calculating properly or if taxpayer doesn't get the refundable portion of the credit.  Help please.
I checked on my client with this situation.  Client is head of household with exemption going to ex-spouse this year.  Child lived with client all year.  I am getting the same critical diagnostic.  Ma... See more...
I checked on my client with this situation.  Client is head of household with exemption going to ex-spouse this year.  Child lived with client all year.  I am getting the same critical diagnostic.  Maybe another program glitch?
I think I had this situation earlier today. Client had qualifying child but it was ex-wife’s turn to claim child. I’m not in office right now but will check tomorrow. I did get the diagnostic like yo... See more...
I think I had this situation earlier today. Client had qualifying child but it was ex-wife’s turn to claim child. I’m not in office right now but will check tomorrow. I did get the diagnostic like you did, using HOH filing status and dependent used for HOH only. I put this return aside so I could check things out. I’ll get back to you. 
Looks like this has been fixed with this afternoon's update.
I have a Minnesota return with federal sec 179 expensing of office equipment $5,857. Minnesota is adding back all of this deduction.  Doing the worksheets manually, it shouldn’t add back any of this.... See more...
I have a Minnesota return with federal sec 179 expensing of office equipment $5,857. Minnesota is adding back all of this deduction.  Doing the worksheets manually, it shouldn’t add back any of this. Has anybody else encountered this glitch?  This amount is well below the $25,000 threshold and none of the items are qualified leasehold, retail improvement, restaurant property, lodging property, or like kind exchange property.